Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
American Sniper >

American Sniper

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

American Sniper

Old 01-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default American Sniper

Went and watched the movie last night.. loved it. Bradley Cooper did a fantastic job imo acting as Chris Kyle.

Gotta say though.. one particular scene bothered the hell out of me, and maybe a few of you will know where I'm going with this.

At the end of the movie Bradley Cooper walks in the kitchen with a revolver while pointing it at his wife. Jokingly he pulls the hammer back while it's pointed towards her and says "drop your britches" (or something to that nature). He was clearly joking around with her, then tells her how much he loves her. Then while answering the door he puts the revolver down on the shelf with the hammer on the cocked position.

Need I say more? Im trying to find out if this was an actual event that took place before Chris was murdered, or was this some asinine attempt by Hollywood at every day household life of a typical firearm owner? Needless to say, it was bad.

No man or woman who has any basic experience with firearms would ever have displayed this preposterous action whether the gun is loaded or not. Not to mention a man of Chris Kyles backround! I was actually cringing while watching the scene.

Last edited by pigiron; 01-19-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:26 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Probably a screw-up on the editor's part. It was directed by Clint Eastwood, who isn't exactly a lib.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm hoping to go see it tonight, i didn't read all your post yet pigiron, incase it's a spoiler lol.