Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Mountain Lions >

Mountain Lions

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Mountain Lions

Old 03-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default Mountain Lions

Was on the phone with my mom last night just catchin up and sittin on the back porch watching the dogs play when I looked up on the hill and saw a mountain lion running across a big open space. Got me and the wife to talking and I realized that was the first live mountain lion I had ever seen and I've been hunting for about 20 years already. Went pokin around across the creek this morning after feeding the horses and found a dead yearling elk about 75 yds behind the house. How many of you other hunters have gotten to see a live mountain lion out in the wild?

Old 03-17-2014, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been lucky enough to see a couple. There is a big one that lives near my house. We have seen the tracks and have heard it but never seen it. The first time I seen one I thought I was seeing things.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

I saw one run across a dirt road in wv, the tail is unmistakable. I would love to come out west and try to call one in. Get back there with a predator call! Is there spring mountain lion season in Colorado?
Old 03-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

Unfortunately the season is closed for my unit, plus I don't have a tag. Those two things considered, I could have taken a shot he was only two hundred yards away and layin in the rocks until we hollered to get him away.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

CO has always sounded confusing to me
I'd love to try my hand at an OTC archery bull tag but I'm only 22 and don't think I could afford it..
I wish you could have got him, I saw a bleached skull the other day. Vicious! I'd get my bow and a predator call and take my chances lol jk jk
Old 03-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen a few in the Sierras over the years. then had a neighbor loose a few goats that were drug through my property and then over a fence and hidden.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Dominant Buck

They lowered the age for hunting them in Idaho. My god son wants that to be his first hunt for big game.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
They lowered the age for hunting them in Idaho. My god son wants that to be his first hunt for big game.
Could you imagi e if your first deer was a mountain lion! Haha i was 14 on my first big game got a 4 point whitetail and my heart was pounding lmao a lion would have to quadruple that feeling!
I hope his and all of our hunting dreams come true.
I have a question for everyone, what does a maryland boy have to do In your state to bring his bow and hunt lions? I wanna be face to Face with death, over the counter of course hahaha
can u just get a nonresident license and hit it or are there special permits required?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen 2 in CO, where I grew up, and 1 in FL. Of course in FL that call them the FL Panther but biologically I'm pretty sure they are the same. There are more of them around than most people think. Cats are pretty sneaky most the time. Lots of time in CO when I was elk hunting I'd come upon cougar tracks on top of my tracks in fresh snow but didn't see the cats. Neat critters
Old 03-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I called one in during turkey season while hunting Fort Carson. Scared to poo out of me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.