Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Putting together military stuff >

Putting together military stuff

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Putting together military stuff

Old 02-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Putting together military stuff

My son who was an MP at Cuba encouraged me to frame all my military awards...most are missing....but I found them on ebay....one piece, the Buff Strap was quite pricey andf rare..I found one. I spent a total of 70.00 on everything ....2 ribbons I was messing, motor pool badge, infantry insignas , dress unit patches, an empty ribbon bar, buff strap and rank patch...I was only an E4 ...but will look nice at my funeral lol . Wei Christians spend a life time preparing for that day. Our road leadeth upwards ..as far away from the other place as possible.

Lost another 3 pounds today...my salmon meal and 4 mile walk paid off....
Happy Camper

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-05-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I was thinking of doing that with my grandpas military things and flag from his funeral. So your son was an MP in cuba. Thats sooo funny. I was an MP and started bringing the terrorists to Cuba from Afghanistan in 2001.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Dominant Buck

He may have been there ...not sure. He' 6' 8 " and was there nearly 5 years...He was a sergeant when he left..He was Sergeant Borden. Right now he is a screener for corrections. He's studying law in college full time as well..has nearly a 4.0 very bright kid....but is leaning on being a teacher..
Old 02-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm getting ready to retire and had to reset my medals. Ended up costing over $170 and I only had to add 1 medal, the rest just needed re-mounted! After 25+ years on active duty you end up with a lot of chest candy especially when you do 9 deployments to the Middle East and spend quite a bit of time in combat
Old 02-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chuck I lost my dad 3 years ago and he was a combat Vet. of WW2 and fought in the Pacific ...I have a lot of his stuff and recently purchased a photo album at auction that has over 150 combat and air plane pics from the pacific war ...I truly enjoy collecting WW2 pictures ...please tell your son thank you for his service for me Im sure you must be VERY proud of him

dd
Old 02-07-2014, 02:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the replies gentlemen...The military did me very good. I finished my tour in the 3rd United States Infantry at Arlington . We did anout 4 funerals a day .

Benefits from the military..

Gave me confidence using a compass and walking throygh a swamp in the dark

Got me three free college degrees

Moved me up 4 years on the pay scale when I started my teaching career

Free burial

Low interest loan on buying my home

VA benefits soon

Built endurance

Built leadership skills

I ended up being the fastest runner in my battalion...started me with a new sport hobby..RUNNING I ran races 10 years after I got out of the military.

Had lots of memories

And the very best for last...I was saved in the military. During a war game I read my New Test. Through and met Jesus. I've never been the same.

The military done me good. I was only in for 4 years.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Nothing was free my friend. You earned and took advantage of programs offered in return for your service.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Well...that is true...thanks for the reminder. When I signed up I was wanting to be a mechanic. The recruiter said.."Do you like hunting and fishing?" I said YEAH! He said we need to put you in the Infantry. Lol and he did. After qualifying with my rifle I out shot every soldier in the battalion..They ask me if I was a deer hunter..I said yes. (-; But I don't remember any hunting or fishing in the military...just a whole lot of head games.