Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Online jobs

Old 12-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Online jobs

Anyone know of places hiring for strictly online? The girlfriend is looking for a part time gig since with her VA disability she can't work full time...
Old 12-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't need any details but the only VA percentage that won't allow you to work is 100%. Anything less then that she should be fine. Is there a unique status or something.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where is she located? I know VSP hires Customer Service to work from home.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I use online jobs ads all the time in my line of work. When looking, the best is networking. However for jobs, LinkedIn has been the best by far. Indeed is another, monster and there is another I'm forgetting. If it comes to me, I will repost.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

check out Jetblue. after the initial training it is all from home.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by olsaltydog View Post
Don't need any details but the only VA percentage that won't allow you to work is 100%. Anything less then that she should be fine. Is there a unique status or something.
She's 70%, her VA rep said absolutely not full time. Only part time and that took a while to get an answer on...

I think she found a 3 day/week job at a Salon now, she's a licensed cosmo.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

My bad, I read that wrong. FYI, book keeping is a great at home job. There are many small business folks that need someone on the side. We are at that point where we need to bring in sbook keeper. I can give you tips on how to get leads. However, in the end, it only takes a few depending on how much of a load she wants to take on.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jeepkid View Post
She's 70%, her VA rep said absolutely not full time. Only part time and that took a while to get an answer on...

I think she found a 3 day/week job at a Salon now, she's a licensed cosmo.
Well a VA Rep should be far more informed then me but if you guys want another opinion on that then i would recommend the Purple Heart Org. Have spent alot of time going through the VA process and have never seen other then 100% prevent you from working. These are things I learned while going through the process for 2 years, but also things i learned and accumulated through my families military history. Now there are unique circumstances where a single disability is rated high and the fear alot of people have gotten is if they work and the VA comes back and reevaluates at another date they may reduce your rating. True enough but I would hate for other Vets to feel like they must not live to their capabilities for fear of VA retaliation. Hope all goes well though.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by olsaltydog View Post
Well a VA Rep should be far more informed then me but if you guys want another opinion on that then i would recommend the Purple Heart Org. Have spent alot of time going through the VA process and have never seen other then 100% prevent you from working. These are things I learned while going through the process for 2 years, but also things i learned and accumulated through my families military history. Now there are unique circumstances where a single disability is rated high and the fear alot of people have gotten is if they work and the VA comes back and reevaluates at another date they may reduce your rating. True enough but I would hate for other Vets to feel like they must not live to their capabilities for fear of VA retaliation. Hope all goes well though.
What I have gathered from it after seeing her get the run around for about 1 year is that it depends on what VA Rep you talk to...there doesn't seem to be a direct answer from any of them, just their interpretation.

I'll let her know about the Purple Heart Org...she has one of those too.