Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

WE ARE the Off Season

Old 11-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

1) james
2) Ridge Runner, long story but for years I ran behind bear dogs many miles a day
3) live in eastern wv, born a navy brat so lived all over as a kid
4)drinking beer, hunting, shooting extreme range, reloading, and shark fishing
5)have killed over 200 deer (way over by now) 163 turkeys, and 11 bear, also hunt squirrels, and predators
6)married since 92 (and I still don't like her much) have 1 daughter 15
7) self employed can do anything cept make a black baby
8)no sports affiliation
9)mom's cookin and busch beer
10) all my bear dogs got killed so now my pet is a JRT named wishbone

nothing weird about me but I'm hard to get along with......unless your buyin
RR
Old 11-15-2013, 03:55 PM
New Sheriff

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
1) james
2) Ridge Runner, long story but for years I ran behind bear dogs many miles a day
3) live in eastern wv, born a navy brat so lived all over as a kid
4)drinking beer, hunting, shooting extreme range, reloading, and shark fishing
5)have killed over 200 deer (way over by now) 163 turkeys, and 11 bear, also hunt squirrels, and predators
6)married since 92 (and I still don't like her much) have 1 daughter 15
7) self employed can do anything cept make a black baby
8)no sports affiliation
9)mom's cookin and busch beer
10) all my bear dogs got killed so now my pet is a JRT named wishbone

nothing weird about me but I'm hard to get along with......unless your buyin
RR
That's a gem. I'ms stealing it
Old 11-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

My real name is Jerry, I go by thundermug. A thundermug is a porcelain pot people used to have under their beds to poo in at night....Yeah, I'm full of sh!!....
I live on an island in northeast Florida, but I was born on a famous island (think Dec. 7 1941)in the middle of the pacific ocean. My dad was in the military and we could almost see pearl harbor from our apartment. I don't remember anything about that place as I was a little over a year old when we moved back to the mainland.
I love riding my Harley and sailing. I am currently in the market for another sailboat, and am hoping to get one in the mid 30 foot size.
I used to bowhunt but quit when I had a shoulder injury.
Been married for a little over 18 years, but it's coming to an end....Thank God!
No kids....Thank God!
The Jacksonville Jaguars is NOT my favorite team...Thank God!
I love me some chuck steak, and I love me some Jack Daniels.
Oh, I am a service electrician.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:51 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

1 Stephanie, middle name is Magdalen. My mother gave me a Christian name and had me baptized to show respect to the family who took her in.

2 sachiko - it's my mother's name for me, what she always calls me. It means "happy child." The "ko" means child. It's a common part of girl's names in Japanese. You can be 80 years old and be a "child." I've heard it makes the feminists there crazy.

3 Live in Southern Lower Michigan. I've never been anywhere but Michigan, except for a brief visit to Japan where my mother had my eyelids done. I have no desire to go anywhere else.

4 My principal interest is being a wife and mother. I enjoy hunting, fishing, going through the woods scouting for deer, going out with my husband and the girls. Except for work and school, we always do everything together as a family. I also love cooking and my family seems to enjoy what I cook.

5 We hunt deer, woodchuck, and rabbits. As my husband said, we hope to hunt ruffed grouse and bear someday if our schedule allows it.

6 I've been married since April 9, 2007. We have two daughters. Miriam just turned six and Michelle is three.

7 I'm a Ph.D. candidate in biology. Doing research in neuroembryology.

8 Not avid sports fans, but we root for the Spartans, Lions, and Tigers. The Lions need prayers more than fans mostly. Have been watching Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. (We don't have cable and don't watch TV.

9 I cook Japanese style, learned when I was very small. My husband can do excellent cornbread, biscuits, and BBQ. I love pizza, even bad pizza. My husband loves beer and recently we have been getting into some craft beers. My preference though, is daiginjo shu.

10 We have no pets at the moment.

Except for us

Stuff that may not be normal - Okay, for one thing, I'm only one of, with Patti, now two females, on a pretty much male dominated forum. I'm fairly small, four foot seven and 72-73 pounds. My hair has never been cut. It ends halfway between my ankles and my knees. I got married at 16. I was pregnant, but that wasn't the reason we got married. The day we decided to marry and set a date, I decided to ask my mother for permission to move in with him. She said "yes" and nature took its course. I love to hunt. We bought a used youth bow at a yard sale for $20 and I've been using it ever since. It's only 30 pound pull so we have to get really close, 10-15 yards before I can shoot. Is all that not normal enough?

Last edited by sachiko; 01-03-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

First name John.
Live in NW FL near Ponce de Leon, been in Fl for about 40 years, born and raised
near Troy, Alabama.
On Dec 6 we will have been married 35 years, one daughter and 3 grandkids.
Got a degree in forestry and worked procurement with IP, Southwest Forest Industry, Fleming Lumber and a couple of more companies. Do a little timber procurement work and work with a few clients on land buying. About retired, this insurance is killing me.
Diehard fan of Alabama football, life is good.
Whitetail deer is about the only thing I hunt now, in a club near Troy, Al.
Shotzie, our Boston Terrier, is our baby.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7 View Post
.i try to show mercy to everyone if possible
me too, haven't shot anyone in weeks, and even though the cost is high I am still soft hearted enough to fire a warning shot, well most of the time.
RR
Old 11-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Little Doe Peep

Talking

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
me too, haven't shot anyone in weeks, and even though the cost is high I am still soft hearted enough to fire a warning shot, well most of the time.
RR
My Ladysmith only carries five rounds, so no warning shots. It's not that I'm cheap, but y'know, only five rounds.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Spike

1. Clyde
2. duck hunter
3. Pacific Wonderland
4. duck hunting, snowmobiling
5. ducks
6. The lady lives with me; not married
7. farm and log
8. Go Beavers
9. Beef. Filet mignon.
10. 2 dogs. black labs.

Riot. 5 years old.

Rukus. 9 years old.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

1. My name is Tobe.
2. My user name is my name...seemed the easiest way to set up an account and something I had a good shot at remembering.
3. I live in southwestern Colorado. I lived in California for a few years, but before that I was born and raised in the Texas Panhandle.
4. Hunting...obviously. I also like to fly fish, camp, shed hunt, even just hiking is fun. Outside of hunting I enjoy roping and riding horses.
5. Haven't lived in Colorado long enough, but I will hunt elk next season. I grew up hunting whitetail. Also, did a lot of hog and aoudad hunting before I left Texas.
6. Been married for a little over a year now. Made sure I picked a woman that wanted to hunt with me...now if only I could get her to clean her own animals I'd have it made (tips are appreciated folks). No kids, not even planning on kids yet.
7. I work as a ranch hand, and about to finish up my last semester of college.
8. I don't really care about sports, never have. And the wife and I don't pay for any cable or satellite. We do have the box set of friends and watch that every now and again.
9. Not sure if I have a favorite food, elk probably. We do a lot of cooking and try to mix it up. Can't really specify a favorite drink either, beer is always good, so is a good glass of whiskey when it's cold out and I don't have to go outside.
10. We have a couple of pets...probably why we aren't even talking kids yet. One catahoula dog, another aussie mix. A cat, not my choice. We also have three horses, one of which is pregnant and will have a foal in the spring time.

I figure I'm a pretty normal guy, only weird about me I guess is that I don't like to sit still for too long. Probably why I haven't logged onto this site in over a year. But winter time around here is pretty slow, so I figured I'd better find something to do.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

1. My name is Randy Lynn.
2. My user name is the term for the series of typographical characters that signify profanity. I cuss a lot. But NOT on here.
3. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I lived in Durahm, North Carolina for three years, in Bartlesville, Oklahoma for 18 years, and in Sand Springs, Oklahoma for six years. I have lived over 90% of my life within an hour of where I was born.
4. I like to hunt.
5. I hunt deer and turkey avidly. I also hunt doves, squirrels, rabbits, quail and pheasant.
6. I am married (3d time...I'm hard on wives), I have three kids (22, 20, and 15). No grandchildren. Yet.
7. Criminal defense lawyer.
8. I am not much into sports or TV. I like the "Late, Late, Show with Craig Ferguson", though, when I do watch TV.
9. A MEDIUM T-bone. And GOOD bourbon.
10. I have a half Irish Wolfhound/half Mastiff. She is a beauty, and her name is "Rosie". My wife has three cats.

I also like to plant trees.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service