Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Be careful who you let your kids hang out with >

Be careful who you let your kids hang out with

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Be careful who you let your kids hang out with

Old 03-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Be careful who you let your kids hang out with

So a few weeks ago, my wife breaks the turn signal light on my Mercedes's at the same time damaging the bumper of our son's friend's 4runner. After calming my wife down and pointing out that this isn't the first thing she's hit with a car going all the way back to when we first married. She walked around my collection of surf poles before backing up over them. I showed her is was a simple bolt on bolt of part and I will order one. The boys can replace it when it comes in.

This has now lead to his mom asking if I can fix brakes too. Seems the repair shop wants over $1,000. FYI for those who don't know how to work on cars, this is the shops gravy business. They will tell you you need to replace all this crap but how do you know? You complain to your friends and they confirm they too spend a small fortune. Anyway, he dropped by today to make sure this is the right part, I checked the brakes and will get the pads this week. However, now he's ordering a 3 in lift kit too. I said no problem, we can get it all done in a half a day.

Lol, watch who your kids hang out with.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Dominant Buck

You almost lost me in that rant.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Talking

My kids call their Mom to work on their Cars.

Does Carpenter Work

And yes Butchering

big rockpile

Last edited by big rockpile; 03-24-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

Best time to upgrade is when youve broken something!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Chopayne View Post
Best time to upgrade is when youve broken something!
Ain't that the truth.

Bad news, the mom called and said he's not getting the lift kit. His last paycheck was $15.00. Lol. I said no problem, it can always be added later.

For my son, he's got my tank out of my truck. A new fuel pump on order. Need to order a new tank. It wasn't pretty in there. However, now thinking slapping one more lift kit on my old truck and a set of 35s. This could get ugly. Probably not the best idea because who knows how long it all can hold together. Time isn't on her side. She was an awesome fun truck that made me a lot of money one year.

Just remember when building a 4x4. Yes you can build the biggest baddest 4x4 around. Just remember when you're out 4x4'ing and going deep in the bush. When you get stuck no buddy else has a big and bad one like yours to get back in there and pull you out.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Just remember when you're out 4x4'ing and going deep in the bush. When you get stuck no buddy else has a big and bad one like yours to get back in there and pull you out.
LOL....Some times it just doesn't pay to be #1.