Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Not a real good day at the doctors >

Not a real good day at the doctors

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Not a real good day at the doctors

Old 03-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Not a real good day at the doctors

The final decision is pulmonary fibrosis. The doc said it's very concerning that it came on and whacked my life so hard over the past year. I had more test and crap done on me in the past 12 months and they finally come up with a name for it. There are different kinds and causes and sometimes no cause can be found. Her best bet is the drycleaning fluids I worked around for 30 years. Could be agent orange also. Any way, it's the scarring of your lung tissue so it no longer is pliable and flexible. She says the only cure for me would be a lung transplant. Most places won't accept a person as a candidate if you're over 65. I'm 69. She has a call into a couple of the better places. She really is pushing to get me into Pittsburg. They'll do the evaluation and see if I otherwise qualify. If I don't... well that's pretty much it. Air flow will become less and less and one day I'll just stop breathing. Anyway, she's trying to get me in. She wouldn't give me a timeline. I kept asking and she kept ducking the question. Finally my brother(he went in with me to make sure I heard everything) just said, why won't you answer his question. I think he has a right to know. She said, because I don't know. This came on so fast and progressed so fast.... there's no way of knowing. I'll try and get you into Pittsburg as fast as I can. If they say no, well it's pretty much NO.

So there you are. At the very least I'd like all moderators I pissed off over the years to take a double Tanqueray on the rocks for me. It was all in fun. I cheated death really bad a couple times back in 1968. I say I dodged the bullet 5 times but caught it 3 times. Looks like now maybe Vietnam or my business got me in the end. So, that's the end of this talk. I won't mention it again unless something note worthy pops up.... like yes or no from Pittsburg. Back to the games at hand.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Good Luck. We hope you can hang around for a long time yet.

Remember - It ain't over 'til it's over
Old 03-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best wishes for you.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Davidmil you'll be in my prayers.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
New Sheriff

Is there anything they can do to slow it down?
Old 03-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is some scarry stuff. The Alabama AD, Mal Moore, was hospitalized with the same thing this weekend at Duke. I think they said the Duke University Medical Hospital was the leading pulmonary hospital around, but like you said the transplant is the best bet. Thoughts and prayers to ya.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Dave, I'm sorry my friend, and I hope the best for you in getting some positive outcome, in finding a donor. You will be in my prayers my friend.

That aside, I'll have to settle for some tequila in your honor. To be honest, I have enjoyed your,,,, lol Antics, over the years. I'm not big on banning someone, unless they are REAL trouble makers. Heck I even, sort of mentioned you in a post earlier, lol or at least showed your better side. lmao
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/off-...last-past.html
Old 03-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that David. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. We all should live each day to the fullest because we don't know what the future holds.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

I truly am Praying for you.Been dealing with age and Medical deals last few years myself.

big rockpile
Old 03-20-2013, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

David, will be praying for a miracle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.