Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
What's your favorite season? >

What's your favorite season?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

What's your favorite season?

Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Spike

Default What's your favorite season?

Mine is summer, as it is the month of relaxation and entertainment. It is the only season which gives an attractive surrounding. what's yours and why?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hunting Season!!!I don't care if it's hot or cold; as long as I get to hunt.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Typical Buck

We've just entered into my favorite season. Autumn! For obvious reasons like hunting, fishing, and trapping. I love the smell of the woods, kinda sweet!
Hunting season brings family and friends together and even if we don't get our animals, we still have fun!
Summer is nice too, but it's longer than 1 month. They're runing like 3 or 4 through my area! Lol. Gotta love physical labor when it's 90+ degrees, soaked with sweat right down to my skivies!
Old 10-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

Fall is my favorite then winter. For some reason I really love the snow.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Late Spring for me. Winter is over, days become longer and mider, flowers begin to grow and there's a feeling of change as I anticipate another season.

As a hunter, I understand that Fall is way off but I enjoy all that Mother Nature has to offer that time of year. Sometimes it's all about anticipation...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I enjoy the fall the best as others have stated it is now hunting season. The leaves are changing colors and falling off the trees as deer season approaches.

I still enjoy a couple of days of winter and that is about it. I like ice fishing and riding out on the snowmobile. But, the cold costing me around an average of $4.50 a gallon for my heat is just more than I care for. Or shoveling threw a 3 to 4 foot snowbank at 4 am to go to work... No Thanks! Someone else may want so do me a favor and keep there..

Spring... Yes early fishing season and the ice is coming out of our lakes.. As the ice comes out the salmon are hitting like crazy on the top water stuff like the flyrod using a streamer! Brook trout in a farely decent to large sizes on a high running stream!! I can hear them frying already! Then that Maine state bird the blackfly comes out and it is back in the boat I go. Had enough of them the first day they start biting.. Then sleeping at night you can actually hear the grass snapping as it grows another inch while you sleep. Yup, when I can get enough time from work i have to mow that 8 inch grass we call our lawn.. All the while being chased by blackflies again. Lets not forget it is now hunting season again for Turkeys!! I can hear them gobbleing already.. I love that part about spring... Blasting a turkey or 2.. Just gotta love it!

Then summer.. Boating fishing and relaxing why the wife is questioning about what to do next summer?? It is nice but the heat and humidity is something else. Even worse at work in a cement building full of steam and all.. Then back to my favorite time of year again.. Hunting season!!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Except for the hunting in the fall, winter is my favorite season.

No bugs, no sweating, less sunburn, no mowing the grass or watering the lawn or pulling weeds .... and there is little to match the natural beauty of the woods after a winter storm.

There is something primal about hunting or just being in the woods when it is so dangerously cold that you need to keep gear and your senses close at hand. The spectre of having the exposure to the elements take a toll on you is pretty thrilling, and makes me feel very focused and alive.

Even though napping in a hammock in the middle of summer with a ball game playing in the background is attractive, I'd rather be on stand wondering how much longer I can stay without losing more toe tissue. Just weird I guess.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Dominant Buck

I like all 4 seasons and look forward to each of them. I live in a state where we get 4 distinct seasons which are loaded with great outdoor things to do. Winter is spent commercial ice fishing almost every day. I target pan fish and move from spot to spot on Northern Lake Champlain catching yellow and white perch, bluegills, sunnies, and crappie. Spring is the start of gardening season and my property is loaded with veggie, herb and flower gardens. I have a small orchard that always needs attention in the spring as well as blue berries, raspberries and black berries. I enjoy fishing pan fish after ice out in my john boat in the backwaters or in my Lund fishing boat all summer into fall. Once turkey season starts all other things go on hold at least in the early mornings. Summer is spent fishing and relaxing with family and friends since I live on the lake. Fall is for finishing all the yard work, put away the boats and beach equipment just in time for hunting season. I enjoy hunting deer in state and usually at least 1 or 2 other states including elk in the west. Once that is all over the miracle of frozen water happens and it all starts again.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default FALL!!!!OOrah

Originally Posted by The Rev View Post
Hunting Season!!!I don't care if it's hot or cold; as long as I get to hunt.
Especially 28OCT thru 22NOV. Myself, I'm a bow hunter, I will pull out the ole .444 if necessary, but, I'm usually tagged out prior to gun season !!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Little Doe Peep

Talking

I love all the seasons, but May is my favorite month. April is pretty much gray here, but then everything blooms in May and you even have days where you can lay out in the sun.

And lots of delicious, green, grass

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.