Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Hunters Ed

Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunters Ed

My daugter is taking Hunters Ed. this weekend and will be hunting with me this fall. I don't know who is more excited. haha. I got her a hunting pack with a bunch of goodies: pocket knife, matches, soloar blanket, water bottle, first aid kit, finger saw and a few other goodies as a congratulations gift once she passes the test on Sunday. woowoo
Old 05-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Good Luck on the hunters edd class.
And Good Luck on getting a deer.
Nice to hear about a new deer hunter.

Way to go.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Awesome, got my daughter out turkey hunting one year when she was 15. First morning right after sun up, I had three gobblers in front of her right in a row. She missed, lol. Still loved those 2 sat mornings.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My daughter has been hunting with me for a few years now. When she passed her test I made her wait a year be cause she barely passed the test and she sat through 5 classes while I was teaching. Now she wants to come help at my classes. I got her an Ithaca 49s when she passed and now she has her Mossberg for birds and I reconfigured my Rossi Singleshot .270 so that she can shoot at deer this year.

Great idea on the gift, I got my girl a new survival kit for her pack this year.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

Don't forget toilot paper roll. Females use these more than males. Then she can burn the tp when she is finished. A small hand spade is good too for bigger jobs.

Nail clippers for when she breaks a nail too.

I do not know what good a finger saw is going to be.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey we tell all our students in Survival training to carry a Kotex and a tampon if they get a bad cut works good for a bandage.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Little Doe Peep

Question

Originally Posted by scottymack View Post
Hey we tell all our students in Survival training to carry a Kotex and a tampon if they get a bad cut works good for a bandage.
Help me out here. I'm trying to figure out how you would use a tampon as a bandage.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
Help me out here. I'm trying to figure out how you would use a tampon as a bandage.
Theyre prefect, actually. I carry one in my first aid kit, together with a a self-adhesive wrapping bandage such as for an ankle sprain.

You put the tampon over the wound, then you apply direct pressure for awhile to assist with clotting. Then you secure the tampon in place with the wrapping bandage.

G/I gunshot bandages are nothing more than a square tampon with a wrapping bandage attached to it anyway. So you can make your own out of Kotex and self-adhesive wraps from the drug stores.

About a dozen hunters get shot in California every year. So that's 12 out of 200,000. Best to be prepared.

Last edited by Shoobee; 05-06-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

stuckitr, enjoy the time afield with yer little girl!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
Bullet holes.