Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
What would you do? >

What would you do?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

What would you do?

Old 04-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default What would you do?

I came across this truck that was parked in the Maine woods this afternoon. It does not look like it was parked quite right to me for some reason.. LOL So i am asking what would you do if you was driving along a dirt road and came across this vehicle. It did not appear as though any one was around it. I am guessing that some young people had it and was trying to hide while they may have been drunk? Or perhaps it could have been a stolen vehicle? Knowing the area it was in I am guessing perhaps the first idea on it.. So what would you do? Would you report it or just leave it alone thinking they will get it towed out?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Dominant Buck

We're the tires in good condition and would they have fit your truck?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id probably notify authorities and let them check it out
Old 04-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter View Post
Id probably notify authorities and let them check it out
X2........
Old 04-28-2012, 02:43 AM
Dominant Buck

I would report it
Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I never reported it as the road by where it was is traveled pretty heavily. It looked as though it had been there for a couple of days so I figured someelse already reported it. As well as the fact a border patrol vehicle was parked around 3 miles from there. Up here the border patrol helps law enforcement all the time as they do not have a lot to do. Not many illegal Mexicans up here lol.. I will most likely will be going by there today to replace my trailcam batteries. If it is still there I will report it in case no one has..

No mousey I have no vehicles the rims would fit on go figure.. My S-10 is to small, my F-150 has the wrong size rims, and my Grand Cherokee has to big of wheels on it.. It would of been nice if they would of fit and then I could of reported it after taking the wheels of it.. LOL
Old 04-28-2012, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Depending on whether or not I was going to stop near it I would have reported it.

Had I been stopping then I would have checked on the status of the vehicle prior to making a report.

If the vehicle has been there more than a day or two, there could be someone in need of assistance, not in the vehicle necessarilly, but in the woods. You could save someones life.

If not, then the vehicle was most likely stolen and abandoned there by teenage thieves. I've seen vehicles abandoned by teens in the past, and probably will again in the future. It happens often enough around here.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

i wouldnt... i would check to see if anyones around it, and just leave it. aint none of my business
Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 PM
NEK
Fork Horn

Last time I checked out a parked vehicle like that - was back in 1955 and the kid whose farm I was working on, and I, spotted this old car parked on an old lane in their woods and when we walked up there we saw a guy slumped over the wheel and a vacuum cleaner hose going from the tail pipe to the rear window, and the car had run out of gas and the guy was stiff as a board. Never poke my nose where it don't belong again.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

I would have checked out around the vehicle. Possibly reported it depending on what I found. Had I passed a BP, or any other LE Officer, I would have told them about it in person.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.