Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Here one minute, gone the next >

Here one minute, gone the next

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Here one minute, gone the next

Old 03-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Here one minute, gone the next

I hate the steel belted street tires on an SUV. They might as well be banana peels. Don't watch if you have a weak stomach.

http://rmirror.net/mob/r/videos/comm...accident_nsfl/
Old 03-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

First off I hope that video was some how a fake.

Are you refering to how the tires came apart in the wreck or that the tires caused the accident?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I refer to how today's steel belted tires act more like banana peels on a vehicle that is top heavy and driving in winter conditions. I hate driving SUV's in the winter time with stock tires. Give my BFG all terrains anyway.

Nope, don't think that vid was a fake.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup-pretty nasty video.
Scarey how the SUV came apart
Old 03-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've seen that one a little while back. Very sobering to say the least. Hopefully the occupants of the SUV didn't feel a thing.

I don't think the tires blew out. I think the driver just got into the mound of snow in the center of the lane and just lost control.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter View Post
Scarey how the SUV came apart

Trust me on this one....I've been helping build production vehicles for many manufacturers for the last 8 years. Nothing short of a Sherman Tank has any chance of staying together vs. and 18 wheeler doing 60 mph plus.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Little Doe Peep

Angry

I don't think the tires had anything to do with it. When the vehicle went into the snow on the shoulder, the driver did exactly what you aren't supposed to do, cramped the wheel hard right. When the tires hit the pavement, they dug in and put the vehicle in front of the first truck.

Had the pavement been slick, it would probably have just kept spinning around, but instead...
Old 03-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Dominant Buck

So let me get this right, tires have nothing to do with traction or lack there of? Steph, one of the biggest way people get killed on race tracks is to over correct by turing the wheel hard like this driver did. When the tire gains traction, it will take the car perpendicular to traffic. The tires got them into this mess and their actions made it worst.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think the driver of the SUV spun the tires causing him to loose control. If you look at the video closely you will see the car in front of the SUV switched lanes and pulled in front of the truck thus inducing the SUV driver to speed up, he just used too much pedal and if you look close you will see one of the occupants being thrown back across the road in front of the car carrying the camera. Who knows what kind of tires or the condition of said tires . Big tragedy, very big.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tend to agree that it was not so much the tires as it was road conditions, driving to fast and just plain bad luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.