Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Have a date with the O.R. >

Have a date with the O.R.

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Have a date with the O.R.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Have a date with the O.R.

Operating room that is. This Mon the 30th I will be having a total knee replacement. Was supposed to have it done last spring but I wanted to get as much as I could out of it. I tore up my other knee this year dragging my deer out thru the flooded woods so I have an MRI scheduled tomorrow for that one but I already know the results of that. Another knee replacement as it too is bone on bone. So, surgery on Mon, PT starts Tues with a 3 day stay in the hospital and possibly the other knee being done in the spring. It's been a miserable year in the deer woods but next year I should feel like a spring chicken again.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck Rick ...this time 3 months from now you will be in a twist contest ...

dd
Old 01-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck with that knee replacement Rick.. I know that a torn knee can realy hurt.. I am thinking about getting a shot of syndisc ( or however it is spelled ) in the one I had scoped out a couple of years ago..
Old 01-26-2012, 02:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck Rick. Hope you heal up quick and back at it.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck Rick, that's what happens when you get old

We'll keep you in our prayers.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Good luck on the surgery. A friend of my husband's has had one replaced. It went very well. He has to have the other one done too.

You will have a problem with metal detectors though.

Since you need both done anyway, it won't matter if they do the wrong one first
Old 01-26-2012, 03:47 PM
NEK
Fork Horn

Hope all goes well Rick! We'll keep you in our prayers. I know how painful that condition is - as I went through the same thing with my Mother, and she had them both replaced at the same time when in her late 70's, and she was almost a cripple before the surgery. It gave her a new lease on life and she walked real good and without pain till she passed away at 93.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best of luck to you, and also a speedy recovery.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Good luck Rick. I am sure it will turn out well for you but you need to follow the PT right to the T. If you don't do what they say your outcome won't be as good. I have 2 friends who I ice fish with have that done 2 years ago. One was back on the ice feeling better than ever in 4 weeks and the other has continued to have problems because he didn't do the PT. Keep us in the loop ole buddy.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Off to the hospital in a few minutes. The biggest thing about this is NO COFFEE or anything for that matter since midnight last night. Have to be at the hospital at 8:30 for a 12:30 scheduled surgery, makes sense doesn't it? So that means it will be sometime around 4:00 or so before I get back to my room. First thing I will want is a cup of coffee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.