Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Joe Pa Dead .... >

Joe Pa Dead ....

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Joe Pa Dead ....

Old 01-25-2012, 05:08 PM
  #21  
LBR
Boone & Crockett
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississippi USA
Posts: 15,296
Default

spoken like a man who has no idea what if feels like to have a college to pull for that knows anything about football
Honestly DD--what does that have to do with anything? Since he was a famous college coach, he should get a pass? Would your opinion be different if it had been the school janitor that saw something suspicious and didn't make it priority to get it checked into?

Well NEK I suppose you have a point there ole buddy but if it wernt for football the majority of university students whould be those who had rich daddys who couple put them through skool or the ones who could get a sklastic scholorship...
Bull. My wife got neither--she worked her butt off to pay for her education. I joined the military. Neither of us got a free ride from anyone.

Regardless, is the fact that some young boys got raped and molested just a price to be paid so jocks can get a scholarship? I guess as long as it's not the jocks themselves getting "showering lessons" from an old pervert.

Finally...do you have kids? A son or two? If you do, would you still give Paterno a pass if it had been your kids?

Bottom line, again. Paterno was the big man on campus. He had control. The buck stopped with him. No telling how many kids got raped and molested simply because he considered the football program and everything that went with it--primarily his reputation--to be more important than kids being raped. He could have stopped it. If Sandusky had been innocent, there wouldn't have been a stink. I think he knew the opposite was true and that's why he didn't take any further actions.

Chad
LBR is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 05:51 PM
  #22  
Nontypical Buck
 
Jimmy S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,407
Default

Originally Posted by DoctorDeath View Post
LOL ..spoken like a man who has no idea what if feels like to have a college to pull for that knows anything about football .... Joe may have been guilty of being negligent ...but hes NOT the one who molested those kids ...I suppose if you think he should rot in hell beccause he did not go to the police then you must feel the same way about all the Popes that have covered up all that has gone on in the catholic church ....jus sayin ...

dd
First of all, let me respond without adding LOL from YOUR comments above because there is absolutely nothing here to laugh about. You obviously think it's a joke but I am sure the families and the young boys who were violated and raped would disagee. Do you not agree? Never mind, I will consider the source. Then again you probably know very few had both parents to help raise them. Come to think of it, you probably didn't know that either!

Secondly, to answer another rediculous question, you have no clue what college(s) I attended, what degree(s) I have and whether I know football. Just between the few hundred of us, I know my football, both college and pro! And yes, I attended college and have multiple degrees. But who gives a rat's a$$ about any of that? Please explain what the he!! that has to do with the violation and rape and of 8-10 year old boys over more than 10 years.

I am also a grandfather of 6, a Vietrnam Vet who was awarded the Purple Heart, I live in New England and love my college and pro sports, (GO PATS!) but again, who gives a rat's a$$ about any of that.
I wrote that just in case you again asked futule questions.

Personally DD, I feel you know very little about exactly what happend and exactly who was involved. Can you honestly name the assistant(s) and others who was part of the Grand Jury investigation? Do you know why it took many years to get an arrest warrant against Sandusky? Do you know what evidence they finally had? Do you know what Paterno told the Grand Jury? Do you know when he made these statements to the Grand Jury.
I would love to hear your answers. (no google please)

If so, then please explain your comments, and I quote: Joe may have been guilty of being negligent ...but hes NOT the one who molested those kids

Do you realize that Sandusky took young 8-10 year old boys on the road since 2002 during football game? Do you know that Paterno knew it for all those years and Paterno knew why those young boys were with Sandusky? Do you know what Paterno did to stop it?

If you believe he was only guilty of neglect, what were the consequences and more importantly, why would he ever neglect to ensure the authorities were aware that young boys were being violated and raped over a period of years?

If Paterno was highly praised then why would a highly praised person not do the right thing to stop this horrible situation? I will admit, I just don't get it. Please enlighten me as to why any man or woman would not do whatever he or she could to put an end to a viscious person doing horrible acts?


DD, If you honestly know everything that happened and the role that Paterno played and the statements made to the Grand Jury you still feel Paterno could not have stopped the horrible things being done to young boys...well....you should look yourself in the mirror and in your own words "LOL".

As far you last comment: "I suppose if you think he should rot in hell beccause he did not go to the police then you must feel the same way about all the Popes that have covered up all that has gone on in the catholic church ....jus sayin ..."

Yes, I feel the same way concerning the Catholic Church. For some reason DD, you thnk maybe I should feel different because it concerns religion and the Pope?

Again, like my colleges attended, you have no clue whether I'm a Christian, Jew, an Agnostic or an Atheist!!! No matter who is responsible for violating young people, they should all be treated the same and yes, I feel they should Rot in Hell! And that includes Joe Paterno!

Last edited by Jimmy S; 01-25-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Jimmy S is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 07:52 PM
  #23  
Nontypical Buck
 
Colorado Luckydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntin' In Colorado
Posts: 2,905
Default

Originally Posted by DoctorDeath View Post
LOL ..spoken like a man who has no idea what if feels like to have a college to pull for that knows anything about football .... Joe may have been guilty of being negligent ...but hes NOT the one who molested those kids ...I suppose if you think he should rot in hell beccause he did not go to the police then you must feel the same way about all the Popes that have covered up all that has gone on in the catholic church ....jus sayin ...

dd
That makes me sick! Kids are ruined forever by some sick puke and it's still about football to you. You need to STFU. You make yourself sound stupid all the time but this takes the cake.

I feel bad for Joe. I feel bad that he was not man enough to stand up for those kids.
Colorado Luckydog is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 05:50 AM
  #24  
Boone & Crockett
 
The Rev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Burleson Texas
Posts: 12,558
Default

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog View Post
That makes me sick! Kids are ruined forever by some sick puke and it's still about football to you. You need to STFU. You make yourself sound stupid all the time but this takes the cake.

I feel bad for Joe. I feel bad that he was not man enough to stand up for those kids.
I was pretty much going to say the same thing, but you two beat me to it,,,
That's how people think that don't have a life except root for some team while they sit on a couch and WATCH.. Win a all cost regardless who gets screwed... not intended to be a pun.

Had that been my sons, Ole Joe would have been six feet under along with the pervert that was doing it! We call it Texas Justice!
The Rev is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 03:27 PM
  #25  
Giant Nontypical
Thread Starter
 
DoctorDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Myrtle Beach S.C.
Posts: 6,471
Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
First of all, let me respond without adding LOL from YOUR comments above because there is absolutely nothing here to laugh about. You obviously think it's a joke but I am sure the families and the young boys who were violated and raped would disagee. Do you not agree? Never mind, I will consider the source. Then again you probably know very few had both parents to help raise them. Come to think of it, you probably didn't know that either!

Secondly, to answer another rediculous question, you have no clue what college(s) I attended, what degree(s) I have and whether I know football. Just between the few hundred of us, I know my football, both college and pro! And yes, I attended college and have multiple degrees. But who gives a rat's a$$ about any of that? Please explain what the he!! that has to do with the violation and rape and of 8-10 year old boys over more than 10 years.

I am also a grandfather of 6, a Vietrnam Vet who was awarded the Purple Heart, I live in New England and love my college and pro sports, (GO PATS!) but again, who gives a rat's a$$ about any of that.
I wrote that just in case you again asked futule questions.

Personally DD, I feel you know very little about exactly what happend and exactly who was involved. Can you honestly name the assistant(s) and others who was part of the Grand Jury investigation? Do you know why it took many years to get an arrest warrant against Sandusky? Do you know what evidence they finally had? Do you know what Paterno told the Grand Jury? Do you know when he made these statements to the Grand Jury.
I would love to hear your answers. (no google please)

If so, then please explain your comments, and I quote: Joe may have been guilty of being negligent ...but hes NOT the one who molested those kids

Do you realize that Sandusky took young 8-10 year old boys on the road since 2002 during football game? Do you know that Paterno knew it for all those years and Paterno knew why those young boys were with Sandusky? Do you know what Paterno did to stop it?

If you believe he was only guilty of neglect, what were the consequences and more importantly, why would he ever neglect to ensure the authorities were aware that young boys were being violated and raped over a period of years?

If Paterno was highly praised then why would a highly praised person not do the right thing to stop this horrible situation? I will admit, I just don't get it. Please enlighten me as to why any man or woman would not do whatever he or she could to put an end to a viscious person doing horrible acts?


DD, If you honestly know everything that happened and the role that Paterno played and the statements made to the Grand Jury you still feel Paterno could not have stopped the horrible things being done to young boys...well....you should look yourself in the mirror and in your own words "LOL".

As far you last comment: "I suppose if you think he should rot in hell beccause he did not go to the police then you must feel the same way about all the Popes that have covered up all that has gone on in the catholic church ....jus sayin ..."

Yes, I feel the same way concerning the Catholic Church. For some reason DD, you thnk maybe I should feel different because it concerns religion and the Pope?

Again, like my colleges attended, you have no clue whether I'm a Christian, Jew, an Agnostic or an Atheist!!! No matter who is responsible for violating young people, they should all be treated the same and yes, I feel they should Rot in Hell! And that includes Joe Paterno!
I guess my only responce to this would be why didnt they arrest Paterno if he was GUILTY ....and yes I have three grand kids and would hate for something like this to happen BUT like I said Joe wasent the scum bag who did it..does he sholder some of the responsability yes he does but he should not in my opinion be the one used as a scape goat by the university ..Im not even a Penn St fan but like I said if Joe is guilty then every Pope in the last 200 years is guilty ...and Jimmy I am not a moron ..I read the inter net just like you have (yes even rednecks from Alabama can read) and I contend you nor I know all the story yet ....

dd

Last edited by DoctorDeath; 01-26-2012 at 03:35 PM.
DoctorDeath is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 03:37 PM
  #26  
Giant Nontypical
Thread Starter
 
DoctorDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Myrtle Beach S.C.
Posts: 6,471
Default

Originally Posted by The Rev View Post
I was pretty much going to say the same thing, but you two beat me to it,,,
That's how people think that don't have a life except root for some team while they sit on a couch and WATCH.. Win a all cost regardless who gets screwed... not intended to be a pun.

Had that been my sons, Ole Joe would have been six feet under along with the pervert that was doing it! We call it Texas Justice!

LOL Rev now THAT is a funny statement ...you have over 10000 post and I have 4000 ...who doesnt have a life???

dd
DoctorDeath is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 04:28 PM
  #27  
Nontypical Buck
 
Jimmy S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,407
Default

Originally Posted by DoctorDeath View Post
I guess my only responce to this would be why didnt they arrest Paterno if he was GUILTY ....and yes I have three grand kids and would hate for something like this to happen BUT like I said Joe wasent the scum bag who did it..does he sholder some of the responsability yes he does but he should not in my opinion be the one used as a scape goat by the university ..Im not even a Penn St fan but like I said if Joe is guilty then every Pope in the last 200 years is guilty ...and Jimmy I am not a moron ..I read the inter net just like you have (yes even rednecks from Alabama can read) and I contend you nor I know all the story yet ....

dd
This is not an internet thing!! And I contend that you know squat about went on at Penn State.

You miss the entire point and for some reason cannot or will not admit to yourslf that Paterno could have come forward and put a stop to all the abuse, violations and rapes of young boys.

DD, come out now after all the discussions and tell me you believe that Paterno could not have put a stop to all this years ago.

One word comes to mind...Pathetic!

And Colorado Luckydog....your points are dead on and I could not agree with you more!
Jimmy S is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 05:19 PM
  #28  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

Paterno had worked himself into a position where he had more power than ANYONE in Happy Valley. He could have put a stop to what was happening and probably knew what was going on even before he was advised Sandusky was seen in the shower raping that kid. His passion was football and no matter what his great persona was out to the general public I have lost all respect for the man and I hope he makes his peace with his maker! I'm 64 and a lifelong Catholic and every Pope and Bishop that has swept this kind of stuff under the rug are as guilty for covering these crimes up, if not more so, than the Priests committing the acts!
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 01-26-2012, 05:35 PM
  #29  
Nontypical Buck
 
Colorado Luckydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntin' In Colorado
Posts: 2,905
Default

Originally Posted by DoctorDeath View Post
BUT like I said Joe wasent the scum bag who did it..does he sholder some of the responsability yes he does but he should not in my opinion be the one used as a scape goat by the university
dd
If you "shoulder some responsability" in pediphillia and rape, what should people remember you for? That you won some football games?

Doctordeath, we have had our differences before. However, from this point forward, you are no longer worth arguing with. Get lost.
Colorado Luckydog is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 03:48 AM
  #30  
Giant Nontypical
Thread Starter
 
DoctorDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Myrtle Beach S.C.
Posts: 6,471
Default

CLD I see in your quote you say "IN GOD WE TRUST" ...it seems I recall where someone said "judge not least ye be judged" ....now that might be a little inconvenient at times but I do seem to recall SOME ONE saying that before ...look it goes without saying that this is a tragady for the kids that were involved and if it comes out at a later date that Joe was part of a cover up (which in all likely hood is what happend but we do not know this to be fact yet) then I would say he deserves to get burnt at the stake...but until then ...after all the good things he has done I think he deserves the benifit of the doubt ...a man of such character (accoding to what I have read) must have had a reason for his actions ...before I cast a stone I would like to know the real reason, the FACTS ...unlike you I do not know EVERYTHING about this case as you have pointed out the Paterno family did not call me like they obviouly did you to inform me of what truly happend ..seems to me the Paterno has become the focal point to this and not the dirt bag who actually done the deed Sandusky ..now HIM I think they should skin and pour sugar on and tie him to a stump in south Alabama and let the aints have a field day...Dawg because I have stated my opinion here YOU want to jump to conclusions like you always seem to do and ASSume that I condone what happend which is rediculous ...I would just like to know the truth before I condemn a man and his life long work ...as for "getting lost" how do you think I wound up in Maryland ????

dd

Last edited by DoctorDeath; 01-27-2012 at 03:59 AM.
DoctorDeath is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.