Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
How about that Tbow? >

How about that Tbow?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

How about that Tbow?

Old 01-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows View Post
There is more to quarterbacking than passing and yards. Tebow has the desire to win and the leadership qualities most often coveted. He's brought excitement back to the game dominated by overpaid idiots ...most of whom couldn't string together a dozen words in a coherent sentence. He's a great role model for the kids too (perhaps you'd prefer a Michael Vick type in that role???). He fills the stadiums and has caused TV viewership rankings to soar. Why is his "worth" such a hard concept to grasp? Please enlighten me.

It has been a while for me here but here's my two cents.
Some people are confusing Tebow the person with Tebow the QB. He is a nice guy with a great story and that's about as far as I take it.

I could care less about his religion and the fact that he thanks his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ all the time but that's his right. Plus I feel he's just taking advantage of the situation (which is not a bad thing) to spread the word as soon as someone puts a microphone to his mouth. I think me may be treated a little differently if he was Muslim and always thanked Allah but that's something for another time.

Is Tim Tebow a decent QB...NO! He was hardly a factor in any of those 6 wins over a month ago. Then he ran into The Patriots that ended Denver's winning streak and that continued for 2 more games ending with Tebow having the worse QB rating ever in the history of the NFL. (Oh that's right, there's more to quarterbacking than passing and yards). Then Denver as a team beats a hurting Steeler team that would have buried the Broncos had they been healthy but give credit where credit is due, Denver won and now has advanced. I was very excited when Denver won that game because it made the road to Indy that much easier for my team. Playing the Steelers was a much different and tougher matchup.

By the way do you include the Denver Broncos as a team dominated by overpaid idiots? Are the Houston Texans, Cincinnati Bengals, Buffalo Bills, New Orlean Saints, Green Bay Packers, KC Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks (just to name a few) all teams dominated by overpaid idiots?

Now they play a New England team with the 31st worst defense in the NFL. A New England team that only played two teams all year with a winning record and lost them both, A New England team that has a history of losing playoff games at home, even with two 1st round byes the last 3 years. So this Denver Team with a QB that has the desire to win and the leadership qualities most often coveted is in Foxboro on Sat. A QB that has brought excitement is now a 13 1/2 pt underdog. Why?

Answer - see Tom Brady!

By the way, Brady has the desire to win and the leadership qualities most often coveted and brings excitement to the game too.
He had those traits when Tebow was in diapers.

What stadiums did Tebow fill? Is he responsible for a sellout in Foxboro, of course not and he's not responsisble for filling any stadiums. But, he surely has caused TV viewership ratings to soar. The whole country loves Tim Tebow or at least is interested enough to watch.

As far as a role model, Tebow is top shelf. Absolutely no question on his integrity or convictions. Yes, I would rather have Tim Tebow as my role model than Michale Vick, no doubt about that. Who would I rather have as my QB, I'm still thinking about that one.

My point is Tebow's 'worth' is not a hard concept to grasp because as an NFL QB has very little worth. Again, nice guy, great story but that's it. I could go on and disect every game he has played this year but I would probably be preaching to the choir. If you like Tebow, the person, good for you, so do I. Tebow the QB is a different person.

By the way bugsNbows if you feel that strongly that your QB isn't getting his 'worth' and you would like to make a wager on the Denver/New England game Sat night, with the winnings going to charity, I will be happy to oblige, that is if we are allowed to 'donate' from this website. My charity is The Disabled American Vetreans (DAV's).

Last edited by Jimmy S; 01-12-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

At least someone here gets it.

Good to see ya Jimmy.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey ..Jimmy S is a good friend of mine as well..We are both baseball fans..

I agree wiw Jimmy S..I've seen TBow play..I'm still routing for him but would not wager a dime on the Sat. game..A matter of fact..if Broncos when we must conclude that God is helping TBow { -;
Old 01-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, Brett Favre couldn't motivate his teammates?

You never saw most of the interviews of the coaches or players during his tenure at GB then. You did not see him screaming at the guys who screwed up on the offensive side while huddled up.

The man was selfish, that much has been proven true, but he was one hell of an on-field commander. He led his teammates to greater heights than they should have achieved behind someone like him.

I watched Brett Favre take a mediocre team, and make something of it with a great head coach. Mike Holmgren and Brett Favre did some great things together. That's an undeniable fact.

It's also a fact that Mike Holmgren helped to keep Brett Favre from completely self-imploding in the early years as well. Brett's worst enemy has always been himself. I doubt anyone can argue against the enormous amount of facts that support my argument.

No matter what he did personally, I do have to respect his professional achievements. You have to separate them. I'm glad Brett's successor isn't a wild and crazy gunslinger, and has a lot more personal pride than he does.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Does anyone know what time the kick off is on Sat.?? I'll be hunting for game and don't want to miss the big game.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Spike

tebow ,tebow,tebow,sick of it!why dont we talk about real qbs and not some 3rd stringer who gets lucky and pulls one out.by the way how many games would he had won if the defense had been 32nd ranked?cmon people grow up quit admiring someone who will be out of football in 3 years!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7 View Post
A matter of fact..if Broncos when we must conclude that God is helping TBow { -;
LOL.....good point Chuck. It probably will take a miracle for the Broncos to win this game!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by casual hunter View Post
tebow ,tebow,tebow,sick of it!why dont we talk about real qbs and not some 3rd stringer who gets lucky and pulls one out.by the way how many games would he had won if the defense had been 32nd ranked?cmon people grow up quit admiring someone who will be out of football in 3 years!
There are 32 teams in the NFL. There are 8 teams left. He is leading one of them. Are you stupid?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:29 AM
Dominant Buck

I looked at the odds last night..Broncos are 45-0 where as Greenbay leads 2-1 odds..
So..it honestly will take an act of God..I will be sitting all day in a tree Sat.{God willing} not sure if I'll be up for the whole game..I'll do my best..I've seen New England's quarterback before a few times...he's a tough one..very accurate and seems to have time to set up..
Old 01-13-2012, 03:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I watched Brett Favre take a mediocre team, and make something of it with a great head coach. Mike Holmgren and Brett Favre did some great things together. That's an undeniable fact.
He won one Super Bowl in 20 years. Won't disagree that he was a very skillfull QB, but he won ONE. Exactly how inspiring was he?
And a guy who just simply refuses to go through training camp is a good motivator for his team? Please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.