Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
4pt- I'm calling you out ! >

4pt- I'm calling you out !

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

4pt- I'm calling you out !

Old 12-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 4pt- I'm calling you out !

We're tired of getting lip service about this site. It's slow and quirky, most of the time the back button don't work. Find out who's in charge, and what the heck are they doing to fix it, and POST the answers. It's no wonder the people who came back...left again ! There have been several posts about the slowness and .........nothings been done. Lets go big guy-puff out your chest and get some answers. Maybe all this advertizing is the culprit.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll chime in here and say that the ads that are popping up are....ummmm different than I have ever seen. Most are hunting type things but all of a sudden some u tube thing is there. WTH???? I mean come on if things are going to pop up out of thin air and not connected with hunting make them something useful like Victoria Secret.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:43 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

There's only so much any mod can do. We've all filed complaints, and we've been told they are working on it. That's the long and the short of it.

The site seems to be running a good bit faster for me lately.

Chad
Old 12-22-2011, 12:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Same ol same ol. Will it ever end? No, I think not. Money is the culprit.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

That (among other reasons) is why I poke my head in here about once a week to see if anything is "different". And I see about 4 new threads ahead of the one I last viewed a week ago and still quirky to navigate. It's amazing to think what this place used to be and what it is now. Really amazing. I remember back in the day I'd get home from work and there would be about three pages of new threads. You could hardly keep up with it. Now it takes about 32 seconds to see what's new.

Last edited by NY Bowhunter; 12-22-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:47 PM
New Sheriff

I've talked to Admin and didn't get any satifactory answers. I emailed the owner(s) of this site..I think, who knows....and never got a reply. It's hard for me to explain exactly what is going on here since I never have problems, this site runs as fast and as smooth as any on the www for me, at home and at work.

I'm not sure what else I can do besides threaten to resign as mod, that should scare them into action...
Old 12-23-2011, 03:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by mr4pt View Post
I've talked to Admin and didn't get any satifactory answers. I emailed the owner(s) of this site..I think, who knows....and never got a reply. It's hard for me to explain exactly what is going on here since I never have problems, this site runs as fast and as smooth as any on the www for me, at home and at work.

I'm not sure what else I can do besides threaten to resign as mod, that should scare them into action...
That should get them going for sure. In all honesty the site does work faster for me since around October but still not as fast as it used to load. The pop up adds though are really much more invasive and now you have to be careful where your mouse rolls or you are looking at an add. In view if the fact that this site is free to members and is supported by these same ads, I am good with it. It does look to me like we have had more posting and a few of the old timers have dropped in from time to time. I see progress albeit a small one.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

The site works okay with Mozilla Firefox.

Forget it with Internet Explorer 8... Snore... Zzzzzzzzzz... Wake me when the site comes up!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default This space for rent!

I'm adding my .02 only because I'd posted about this in the tech forum earlier this Fall. After a year of sporadic visits,returning "full-time" a couple months ago, I was surprised at the slow/no load/time-out deal.
This seemed to have been rectified , at least for me, 3 weeks ago or so and for that I am glad.
One thing I did notice before the fix was that the ads never had any issues loading; fact is, I'm noticing this web-wide. Some sites, Yahoo for example, have pretty fancy, high-tech -hand -coming- out -of- the- monitor & slapping you ads...but the actual content won't load.
Now, in this age of endless promotion, I find advertising more akin to pollution than an actual service & usually make the effort not to buy the product/service when I'm relentlessly pummeled on TV, radio,'net,newspaper,billboard,park bench,etc; in fact I recently read about my demographic-the "ad-verse" , & the new attempts of marketing depts. to reach us.
Point is, the fee-free internet may be coming to and end for us all, & though the charge would be nominal @ fractions of a cent per web-page, it seems to be the only option to content which is totally overwhelmed by advertisement.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Ever since the last "fix" it seems to run about as well as it used to. I'm using IE8 and having no real problems.

There are much worse sites. Some we visit, the weather channel for example, will stall our browser while it loads a popup. And in some, the popup stays on for 10 seconds or so after you try to close it.

This site really isn't so bad now and we're using an eight-year-old Dell with XP.

We sheep could use larger keys on the keyboard by the way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.