Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Had to put her down tonight >

Had to put her down tonight

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Had to put her down tonight

Old 12-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Had to put her down tonight

Our beloved Sadie who had been with us 10 years almost to the date had to be put to rest tonght on my wife's brithday as well.

Just before it was done

Her final picture. May she forever rest in peace.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Little Doe Peep

Unhappy

We're so very sorry to hear that. We lost both of ours in the past year and a half. We still miss them so much.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Unhappy Very sad.

I'm sorry to hear that Rick, I know how you feel, like losing a member of the family. A lot of people don't understand that but it is, tears came to my eyes when I had to.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:22 PM
NEK
Fork Horn

I know how you must be hurting Rick. I lost a similar friend and partner in 1997 and still miss her a lot at times. My thoughts are with you!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

That sux, that's a hard thing to do and tough of the whole family.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear it Rick.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Inactive

I know how you feel Rick. I had to put my weim down this time last year, still miss him.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very sad...very hard to do. My daughter is a Vet and has to do this "task". Breaks her heart.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh man... Sorry to hear that, Rick. It's always tough to deal with.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Rick I just got back from an out of state hunt and was so sorry to see this thread. I have lost a few "best friends" and always find solace in this poem. Every time I read it I become emotional and feel it helps to focus on the final happy ending we all face when eventually are reunited with our pet friends. My condolences to you my friend.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.