Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Prayers for my son and the family >

Prayers for my son and the family

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Prayers for my son and the family

Old 10-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default Prayers for my son and the family

I would just like to ask that you all put good thoughts and prayers in your mind and heart for my 14 year old son and his 2 best friends, as well as my son Casey. On Saturday my 14 year old Bryan and his buddies were outside playing football. We were having a welcome home get together for my son Casey who is a Marine that just returned from Afghanistan. While the adults were finishing dinner and haveing some great family conversation Bryan and his buddies were playing football outside when Bryan and Wyatt ran into the street after the ball. Josh could do nothing but watch as both boys were hit by a car. Eveyone is extremely traumatized. Josh who watched his 2 best friends get hit by a car had just seen his little brother get hit by a car this summer. He was very shaken up.
My son Casey, the marine, held together well until after his little brother was taken away in the ambulance. Seeing his brother lying in the street covered in blood brought back some things that he saw in the war that were still fresh his mind having only been back 2 weeks. Things that Casey wished he would never see again but had to see his little brother like that. Casey is a tough kid and held his composure well but will need a lot of help for some time to come.
Wyatt went into the air and smashed the windshied. He was beat up pretty bad with lots of cuts and bruises and obviously in shock, but had no broken bones or internal injuries.
My son Bryan was not so lucky. The impact of the vehicle broke both bones in his lower leg while slamming into the pavement broke his arm, gave him serious consucion, and major road rash on the entire left side of his body. He has already undergone one surgery to pin and screw his arm back together and will have to go through another surgery later this week to start repairing his leg. They will all be ok but will need lots of help and support.
Good thoughts and prayers from others never hurt.
Thank you all.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Prayers sent and strong hope for a great recovery.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Spike

Wow, sorry to hear about your son and his friend. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:20 PM
NEK
Fork Horn

Wife and I are both praying hard for your family. Be strong now!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

You bet! I am sorry to hear of this news and hope that your son and his friend have a speedy recovery!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

will keep ya'll in prayer
Old 10-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sending& saying some now for yall.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Well my son Bryan just went through his second surgery yesterday. This time it was to repair the broke leg. It turned out that the break was worse then the initial xrays were able to show. The tibia was actually shattered with two major breaks and a chunk of bone a bit larger then a dime broke completely off. The surgeon actually removed the broken off chunk, then put a 9 inch plate with 10 screw on the remaining broke bone. He will not be walking at all for at least 2 - 3 months and will be doing nothing other then walking for a year or more. But, he is still with us and that is all that matters. Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Spike

Sorry to hear about it happening, but at the same time glad that everybody is going to make it through it.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

God bless the boys and your family in it's entirety. Kids usually heal remarkably well. and I'll pray ofr your sons' (both of them) to pull through thier battles.

Keep us posted