Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Skunk Killing? >

Skunk Killing?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Skunk Killing?

Old 08-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Rev View Post
When my wife and I first got married in 1972 we TRIED living in up state NY where she was from, we had a bad coon problem, I made a homemade coon trap, and all I ever caught was skunks. I just don't remember how I made them.

Yep up here, you bait a trap at night and you gonna catch skunks. Me I would use Phil's advise. Cover them up if you use a have a heart,throw in the back of the pickup and deliver to local favorite poli.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

skunks dont stink, the stuff they spray you with does. i would say there is no reason to kill the skunk, its just being a skunk. they arnt attacking you? the dog will learn their lessons soon enough.
its real nice of you to not wanna shoot in the area as it might kill somebody! some rednecks around her wouldnt think twice..and if ya go a lil south the gangbangers dont give a flip and shoot in all directions, mainly cause they hold em sideways and are trying to aim using the sights on the weapon. if at all
if the skunks must die, you can get a poison that kills the animal that eats it, but doesnt kill what eats the dead skunk...if that made sense?
it will also make them thirsty, so they will travel to water..which in alot of cases gets them far enough away that ya wont smell them when they die..not to mention, day 3 it will be totally infested with maggots and gone the 4th er 5th day.
must be nice out at the lake house, if it has a/c lol..the water here is so hot you can smell the dirt in it..aka blue algae...the water from the tap is the same..smells like a dirt storm when ya turn on the shower...gtg..werk a callin.

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 08-26-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

About 30 years ago a landowner gave me a baby skunk he had pushed up with his dozer. Pretty little two striper. Great little pet, loved crickets. When he got about 1 1/2 years old everybody said we needed to have it descented. I called the vet, he agreed (although he had never done one) and that afternoon they called and ask if I would come pick up the skunk. He had busted one of the scent glands and Pepe smelled, like a skunk. From that time on he stunk everytime it rained. We gave it to a woman that lived in country by her self. He was a lot like a cat, great conversation piece and wouldn't anybody get out of their car if Pepe was loose.