Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Idiots employeed at Walmart + Dicks sporting goods >

Idiots employeed at Walmart + Dicks sporting goods

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Banned

hey! watch out i work at Walmart and i can cast a 30-06 as good as anybody and i shoot my baitcaster pretty good too!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last fall, I had a sales guy @ Dick's try pushing a cheap aim point scope (like $49) on me. He assured me is was just as good as a Leupy VX3. When I finished educating him on scopes, he quickly vacated to "wait" on another customer. What a joke.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bugsNbows View Post
Last fall, I had a sales guy @ Dick's try pushing a cheap aim point scope (like $49) on me. He assured me is was just as good as a Leupy VX3. When I finished educating him on scopes, he quickly vacated to "wait" on another customer. What a joke.
I get the same thing in most bow shops I go in to. That's why long ago I learned to work on my own stuff.
If I go to a sporting goods store all I want them to do is point me to what I'm looking to buy, don't ask me a question and if start to give me an opinion,I'll stop them dead in their tracks and tell them they are wasting air. Heck they could do us both some good and simply point me in the direction or get the heck out of the way, I can find it by myself.

Actually all I need in a sporting goods store is someone that will take my money and tell me to have a good day!
Old 08-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottymack View Post
Great one Rev, Lunger you working at academy or something now?? I may have to stop by before I move.
Bass Pro in Grapvine. I'm not there that much, so it may be hard to catch me there. I'm usually only there on Wed. evenings and Sundays.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger View Post
Bass Pro in Grapvine. I'm not there that much, so it may be hard to catch me there. I'm usually only there on Wed. evenings and Sundays.
We normally take the girls up there on Saturdays so that they can fish in the pond. I may have to swing by before I move.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:38 AM
Spike

Default Not always true

I am the bow tech at a dicks sporting goods in Oklahoma, and I kinda take offense to this. I have been shooting bows AND working on them for seven years now. I may not be a seasoned veteran but I surrely know my way around a bow press. I know what ya mean about some of the stores, Walmart especially, but if you ever make it to northeastern Oklahoma you'll be in good hands at dicks I can assure you.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

And only idiots go to these places in the first place for something as important as accesserizing a bow, firearm, fishing needs, etc. Support your local hunting/fishing store and not a franchise. Don't take this personal, you put the title out there , I just responded to it.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:12 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

And only idiots go to these places in the first place for something as important as accesserizing a bow, firearm, fishing needs, etc. Support your local hunting/fishing store and not a franchise.
In some ways the above makes sense, but it could also be taken as an assinine or at best extremely arrogant statement.

I've been on both sides of the coin. When we had a local shop (many years ago), I worked there. It was frustrating when someone would come in with a bow they had bought at Wal-Mart or from a catalog and expected us to set it up, work on it, teach them how to use it, etc.--and they expected this for free. They really didn't like it when we'd point out how a bow didn't fit them properly, or their arrows were the wrong spine, etc. and often figured out they would have come out ahead buying from a shop that knew what they were doing to begin with.

On the other hand not everyone has a local shop, not all local shops have competent people working there, and there's nothing idiotic about spending your money wisely--especially in these tough times. If I can buy the exact same item for half the price or less, that's where I'll buy it. You don't normally get anywhere close to the selection at the small stores either.

Nothing at all against them--I own one myself, and I know how it goes. I can't compete with the big guys when it comes to price or selection, so I have to find my own niche and make up the difference with customer service. That's the only way we can stay afloat.

I am realistic about it. I don't blame my buddys for paying less at the big store than I can buy it from a distributor for...and I sure won't call them idiots for it. IMO you'd be an idiot to pay twice the price for the same item.

Finally, it's the big stores that keep the manufacturers in business. They couldn't survive on nickel and dime orders, much less spend the coin to develop and improve their products.

There's a lot to consider, especially if you don't have time and money to burn.

Last edited by LBR; 06-10-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your the man LBR, at least you still think you are. No further comment from me.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Aww...I guess I should have included "don't take this personal"--that would make it ok, right? I mean, it makes it ok to call people idiots for choosing to spend their money differently than you think they should, right?

Typical...when you can't refute facts or intelligently argue opinion, just sling an insult. Don't take that personal...after all, you did put it out there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.