Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
does anyone here know anything about Glasgow, Montana? >

does anyone here know anything about Glasgow, Montana?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

does anyone here know anything about Glasgow, Montana?

Old 02-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default does anyone here know anything about Glasgow, Montana?

I am looking at a potential job opportunity there .... I know its NE MT, its cold, its prarie/farm lands .... I wanted to see if anyone here has any first hand knowledge of the place?

THANKS
Old 02-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

drove through it, small town, middle of nowhere essentially.

Where you coming from?
Old 02-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I flew on a this flight on time with mother and daughter duo from Montana. All I can say is WOW! If that's how they grow the split tail up there, it's worth checking out.

Seriously Ranger, good luck on the job hunt. If you make the move, let us know what it's like up there. Montana is one state in all my travels I have yet to make it to. For me, not enough biz to justify the trip.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it anywhere near Muley Mt. ??
Old 02-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Good luck with that one Brad. The hunting would be a benefit from moving there. Would a southern boy fit in way up there?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

They have a website with a lot of information.

http://www.glasgowmontana.com/index.php

No information on the sheep population though
Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not sure where you are from? I am sure you will be suprised at the number of Whitetail and Mule deer you will see.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

right now I'm a Sr Switch Technician ... but I was sold 18 months ago from my company to a contracting group. It could be 1 year before they phase me out, 2 weeks, 2 years ... nobody know and there is absolutly no room now for career advancement.

Arkansas ... but I spent time in out west and know it somewhat, nothing probably quite like Glasgow though and those brutal winters (I've been through a Chicago and Minneappolis winter)

Anyway, this is a management position - a long term deal, a break into managing a location that is slated for a lot of advacements and expansions. Great career opportunity ... wonder how my 11 year old daughter and 9 year old son would adapt ? Wife?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Probably not the best place for teenagers especially at first but they usually get used to it all after they make a few friends. My brother went through the same thing on a move from Vt to Virginia for his work. The kids now like it better there than here but complained bitterly in the beginning.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great career opportunity ... wonder how my 11 year old daughter and 9 year old son would adapt ? Wife?
I have never been there myself.
Good luck to you Ranger.

When we moved here 20++ yrs ago my son was 9 i think my daughter 13- they didnt want to come. But where & are real glad they did after the fact.( son dosnt live here now after 8 yrs in the army- he(and his family) should have moved to(VA hospital job) in colorado instead( closer)

Everyone ajusted pretty well to the move id say( just wished id done it sooner)

Last edited by Knightia; 02-06-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.