Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Da super bowl

Old 01-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, see now, that's just stupid. Having an institution do that instead of a family is pointless.

I guess I hate companies making choices for people. I'm a conservative person who hates to be told what to do. I like to make my own choices, and believe others should do the same. Granted, when it comes to little kids, let the parents make the choices.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sfury View Post
Yeah, see now, that's just stupid. Having an institution do that instead of a family is pointless.

I guess I hate companies making choices for people. I'm a conservative person who hates to be told what to do. I like to make my own choices, and believe others should do the same. Granted, when it comes to little kids, let the parents make the choices.
WOW! God forbid anyone tryin to have a little FUN over a GAME. It's not like they are forcin these kids to grow up and practice Islam.After all if the parents are that against it they could.Remove the freakin towel! DUH!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:07 AM
Typical Buck

Look, we have to draw a line somewhere. There is a big difference between families dressing their kids up, or a commercial entity doing so.

Let's face it here, the families are paying for the commercial item (the terrible towel here), and what if they would rather save the money for something else? A commercial entity like a hospital should remain neutral with the products they purchase for their clients.

I know many people who live here, and are Bears or Vikings fans, and they would be greatly offended if their newborns were wrapped up in Green Bay apparel. I imagine it's the same there.

What adults do for themselves should not be curtailed when no harm is done, but no organization has the right to make the choices for another adult of sound mind. It's just showing a general lack of respect towards the families of the newborns. That upsets me greatly.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sfury View Post
Look, we have to draw a line somewhere. There is a big difference between families dressing their kids up, or a commercial entity doing so.

Let's face it here, the families are paying for the commercial item (the terrible towel here), and what if they would rather save the money for something else? A commercial entity like a hospital should remain neutral with the products they purchase for their clients.

I know many people who live here, and are Bears or Vikings fans, and they would be greatly offended if their newborns were wrapped up in Green Bay apparel. I imagine it's the same there.

What adults do for themselves should not be curtailed when no harm is done, but no organization has the right to make the choices for another adult of sound mind. It's just showing a general lack of respect towards the families of the newborns. That upsets me greatly.
If ya read the article you would see that the parents were given the option to participate.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jalvja View Post
If ya read the article you would see that the parents were given the option to participate.
I did read the article. It only mentions the families who were eager to participate. I see nothing mentioning anything about choice whatsoever.

In fact, this is the only quote that says anything about it at all.
Each baby born this week at the hospital will also be wrapped up in the black and gold, a tradition the staff also did in 2008.
It seems participation would be mandatory.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you can write a letter to Obama.He can come up with a bill banning all showing of support for sports teams.I guess you'd be against prayer in school,The Pledge of Alligence,public display of a nativity.Admit it I'll bet you even wish people Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.All this over a football game,WOW!One thing about here in America,We always have a choice.That's not the only hospital in town.

Last edited by jalvja; 02-01-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:24 AM
Typical Buck

My complaint isn't about football whatsoever, it's about making choices for others. I wouldn't waste my time writing a letter to someone who would probably write a law mandating hospitals do this. This is an overzealous choice made by people for others.

I live in a nation where we do have rights, and sometimes just because a choice can be made, it should not be made. A hospital should remain neutral in all things. Think of this as making a small decision today for you, but a major one tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The EXPERTS said The Steelers wouldn't make the playoffs with Ben out the 1st 4 games,but they did.Then the EXPERTS said the Steelers wouldn't beat the Ravens,but they did.Then the EXPERTS said the Steelers couldn't beat the Jet's.but they did.Now the EXPERTS say the Steelers won't beat the Packers.Well I think you see the pattern here.
No experts said the Steelers wouldn't make the playoffs with Ben out in games 1-4. They were still 12 games left. Plus, no experts said the Steelers wouldn't beat the Ravens or the Jets. Weren't the Steelers, playing at home as the #2 seed, favorites in both of those games? There is no pattern!

Now I say the Steelers won't beat the Packers and I ain't no expert.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW! God forbid anyone tryin to have a little FUN over a GAME. It's not like they are forcin these kids to grow up and practice Islam.After all if the parents are that against it they could.Remove the freakin towel! DUH!
I agree. It was never intended for anything more than that. I'm not a Steeler fan but I thought that was a pretty cool move.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
No experts said the Steelers wouldn't make the playoffs with Ben out in games 1-4. They were still 12 games left. Plus, no experts said the Steelers wouldn't beat the Ravens or the Jets. Weren't the Steelers, playing at home as the #2 seed, favorites in both of those games? There is no pattern!

Now I say the Steelers won't beat the Packers and I ain't no expert.
Well,I know you're no expert.You only know what the so called experts, Shannon and Boomer,tell you.Where's Brady and Manning? But if you didn't go through life with blinders on you would know the Steelers were not picked in the pre season or in the playoffs.Besides,Even if the Steelers lose least the 2 media darlins didn't make it.Hey what ever happened to you'd never reply to one of my posts,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.