Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
A special plan for dispersing my ashes >

A special plan for dispersing my ashes

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

A special plan for dispersing my ashes

Old 12-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A special plan for dispersing my ashes

Long time no been around here. Hope all are doing well and killing big bucks or at least getting to hunt them.

I just modified my will and decided to have myself cremated and thought I would share what I instructed my will executor to do with my ashes, it's a little different.
I love the woods, anywhere there are woods and I'm in them I'm happy. Outside of time with my kids and grandkids, the woods is where I have had my best times and that's where I want to stay for eternity and I'ved added a little extra. I want my ashes spread over a fresh deer scrape by my son-in-law. He's the best hunter in the family, besides me, and would be more likely to find an active scrape. I hope that the buck and the doe would sniff the scrape and inhale a small fragment of my ashes and the buck/does live long enough for my ashes to be taken into their system. Then, maybe just a small amount of me will live in the deer herd forever. Hopefully, the ingested deer won't get run over or shot before spreading their genes to other members of the herd. It's a long shot and even if I'm stuck on the ground, I'm still in the woods for eternity. It's also alot to ask my son-in-law not to hunt over the scrape for a week or two. Guess I'll find out how much he likes me.
I had never thought much about after death as far as my body is concerned, I have spiritually. But, while doing my "Will" this idea came to me and it's given me great satisfaction and peace of mind as to the final dispersal of my ashes.
My daughters think I'm a little eccentric, actually they said way beyond eccentric. I'm sure they won't go bragging about this to their friends, they wouldn't want to reinforce what some of them already think about me.
But, I'm happy about it, enough said and I hope all you folks have a Great and Merry Christmas with your families.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

rockytop, I also thought of being cremated and having my ashes dispersed in a few places that I've hunted and fished. I informed a bass fishing buddy of my idea and asked if he'd place a measured amount of my ashes in some of our favorite fishing holes and he agreed. His exact reply, "Sure, I'll take your ashes, mix with a little flower and cornflakes and make dough balls and take you carp fishing"........lol. I've since changed my plans. Make sure you can trust the person you're leaving your ashes with.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My ashes are getting loaded into 12 g and 3006 ammo and I'm going out with a bang. Hopefully my son shoots straight and actually kills what he's aiming for.But yeah, even when I'm dead I still will be participaing in killing something. But this is the most original idea for ash dispersment yet. I love my ideas.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 12-16-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Critter, I'm also a bass fisherman and thought about injecting some ashes into a plastic worm or something similar.

Jeff, that's a great idea. As long as you put small amounts of ash in each load, it shouldn't effect the accuracy.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockytop View Post
Critter, I'm also a bass fisherman and thought about injecting some ashes into a plastic worm or something similar.

Jeff, that's a great idea. As long as you put small amounts of ash in each load, it shouldn't effect the accuracy.
Yeah.. I know.. Thinking about it, Hell I could be participating in killing animals 100 years after I'm dead. My Greatgrandkids kids will still be blasting me away..LOL..I been told a family only gets maybe equivalent to a small portion of a femor, after ones been cremated, but geez that still will go a long long way when reloading is considered.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 12-17-2010 at 09:24 PM.