Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Eyeglasses

Old 12-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Eyeglasses

Well at 59 I guess I'm lucky I havn't had to wear glasses till now, but I figure out I can't see anymore. I went to the Wal Mart optician and she said I'm nearsighted in one eye and far sighted in the other. I picked up my new glasses the other day and get a headache within 10 minutes of putting them on. Guess it is back to the optician.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

If you haven't had glasses before, the headache thing isn't a big surprise. Usually it will goe away. Best to have it checked out anyways. Glasses really suck, especially in cold weather. Hope all goes well for you.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Look into lasik. They can probably correct each eye and bring you to 20/20 or better. I had mine done at 57 or 58 and can still see like an eagle.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

What is a rough price per eye for lasik?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Originally Posted by timbercruiser View Post
Well at 59 I guess I'm lucky I havn't had to wear glasses till now, but I figure out I can't see anymore. I went to the Wal Mart optician and she said I'm nearsighted in one eye and far sighted in the other. I picked up my new glasses the other day and get a headache within 10 minutes of putting them on. Guess it is back to the optician.
Something is wrong here. You should not be getting headaches after putting the glasses on. Although it will feel weird at first, you should just be able to see better.

I've worn glasses since I was little. (Insert Oriental stereotype here. ) I usually wear contacts now but I have glasses for when I take my contacts out. I have never experienced any discomfort, and my vision without glasses/contacts is not very good.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had lasik about 7 years ago. Now the only time I need glasses is for reading. The prices for lasik are all over the map. This is no place to go looking for a bargin.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had glasses since I was 10 so I am pretty much used to it. If you had to get progressive lenses they can cause headaches for the first few days.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had gotten headaches when I first got mine around 4 years ago. It also felt strange when walking down stairs with my bi-focals on.. I pretty much had to get used to them..
Old 12-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Look into lasik. They can probably correct each eye and bring you to 20/20 or better. I had mine done at 57 or 58 and can still see like an eagle.
Whoa, holy crap, what about the post "I'm probably better shape then you"? I guess we better not mention all the Botox treaments and steroids either. Looks like my advise on not betting the farm was a good idea.

Timber, leave it alone. Your mom was telling you the truth. You'll go blind.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't get glasses until about 10 years ago but only needed them for reading. I first tried reading glasses and those gave me a headache. I had my eyes tested and went with progressive lenses and the rest is history. The only time I don't wear them is while bowhunting but I have them in my pack so I can see to fill out my tags...lol

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service