Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
I was bored today >

I was bored today

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

I was bored today

Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default I was bored today

Woke up today and had a meeting at 0800. I am on a committee called the Northern Lake Champlain Advisory Committee which is a group of people who interface with the state to clean up and improve our water resources. We secure grants and interact with some of the political people to get things done. After that I decided to go look for a new truck. Ended up trading the 07 Silverado for a new 2010 Ford F150 with all the bells and whistles. My first Ford in a while and it is pretty nice and I got a great deal. Going in at the end of the month is a sure way to turn the tables in favor of the consumer. Overall I had a great day.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's pretty cool that you got on that advisory committee. My oldest sister is on one regarding farms in NY State. When enough people band together, they can solve lots of issues!

Anyway... You got rid of a perfectly good Chevy Silverado for a FORD?!? Say it ain't so! You know how it is... Friends don't let friends drive Fords!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Being bored is much better than being boring. I've been thinking of a new truck, but at this point my old one is worth more to me than it is to anyone else. I never had a vehicle with 70,000 miles. This one has 101,000. I think I'll drive it till it drops. Runs like a top and has never let me down. That being said... I'm envious. I'm turning green. LOL I need a new truck.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have always owned Chevys. But honestly the new fords look pretty sharp.

Caught my self on a lot eyeballing a new Platinum edition ford.

Couldnt bring myself to spend that kind of money. Decided to keep the 02 chevy and get a decent/nice used car.

So CI-going to break it in on the Colorado trip?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA View Post

Anyway... You got rid of a perfectly good Chevy Silverado for a FORD?!? Say it ain't so! You know how it is... Friends don't let friends drive Fords!
What?!?! I can't believe you traded a Chevy for a Ford...
Old 09-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter View Post
So CI-going to break it in on the Colorado trip?
Nope going out in less than 3 weeks but will be in my buddys truck. His turn. We switch off every other year. He just bought a 2010 Silverado so we will be going out in style. Mine had 72000 miles and that is the point where I usually trade David. I have found that period of time can account for some pretty hefty repair bills and hate to pump money into a dead horse so I just take it up the butt and trade. Kind of the way I have always done it and no reason to change now. I'm too old to learn anything new. For those who are against Fords...I don't blame you. I always was too but started to think if I wanted to drive a Chevy for the next 3 years after all that bailout crap. Figured I would try it out and see how it goes. If I don't like it I can always trade it just like I did for that Dodge I bought new in 98 and kept 12 months. I usually do OK on a trade but took a bath on that beast. I finally got to the point that I would have given it away rather than drive it another day. I walked out of the Dodge repair shop after it wasn't fixed again...drove it across the street to the chevy dealership with the shifter still hanging by the wires from the stearing column and made them an offer they couldn't refuse. Boy did that one feel good until I calmed down and realized what I had done.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pics man PICS!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

My 02 Ford has 95,000 miles on it but just can't take on a new one right now as bad as I want to. Thing looks and runs like new, garage kept helped that. Only problem I have had was it had a spark plug blow out but a Helicoil fixed that. Put front brakes on it 2 years ago and rear brake this summer. Been a great truck.
Happy for you CI. Let's see what it looks like.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with your truck CI. I love the way they designed the new 150s. That's some major comfort right there. I've been a ford man for years.

I never really had anything against GM though...I do own a GM vehicle and like it as well. It's just Ford is where its at...no bailouts..no bs...
Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Here is her first pic...sorry about the rain but it is pouring. Took it from the dry garage. Got the 5.4 engine with 6 speed tranny and 18" tires. Lots of things to figure out. Got to run to town and get a bed mat before i get it all messed up with my stands and hunting junk. I'll get a cap for it before winter.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-28-2010 at 05:45 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.