Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Campfire/Offseason Plankowners >

Campfire/Offseason Plankowners

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Campfire/Offseason Plankowners

Old 07-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default Campfire/Offseason Plankowners

The following is a partial list of Campfire/Offseason Plankowners. These are older and/or senior members who have been around for a long time, helped build up HNI, the Offseason forum and largely took care of the forum etiquette and 90% of any potential problems. They are non-moderators, mothers-in-law and personal advisers to Hntngirl, have davidmil's seal of approval, are masters of shovels, advisers to sunset and built the Offseason forum up.

Again, this is a partial list as they must come back to the Campfire forum to be on the list. No cheating by just sending in a PM or email, you gotta post something worthy that displays your plankowner status and is eligible for extra points.

The following are hereby, formally, officially and crazily recognized as HNI Campfire/Offseason plankowners:

PLANKOWNERS
Cardeer--Master and original plankowner. Member # 13
Davidmil--Master of the blue undies order and "non-endorsed."
Rickmur--formerly of MD Member # 59
Judyboi--Master of the shovel order and lately returned from a secret mission abroad.
Champlain Islander--Master of living surrounded by water.
Ken3--Steelers fan extraordinaire (go Raiders ).
Swampdog--From the last capitol of the confederacy. Member # 418
ButchA--One of the original plankowners.
huntingirl89--Firefighter and eagle trainer extraordinaire.
Thundermug--Posting before you needed a log in. Man that's old. Member # 6418.
salupkiv1--Because he's crazy and brave enough enough to start a topic about women being crazy.
bigcountry--Another original plankowner.
Who--Master of the Jackalope Restoration Program.
HNI Christine--Master of the videos.
Fieldmouse--Master of shopping at Costco.
rbduck--Master of Canadian hunting.
8mm/06--Master of lurking since before 2000. Member # 518.
Sspriz--Master of HNI Cardeer picture. Member # 8679.
PKnTx--Master of rambling, ranting and raving.
NY Bowhunter--Master of golf & sitting. Member # 53944.
Muley70--master of fence-building and other manly pursuits. Member # 133813.
bitterroot21--BB Gun Ace. Member # 90845.
daddyslittlegirl--Master of the sheep and little doe peep. Member # 99682
DoctorDeath--Self admitted Master of now respect. Member # 65197.
Bitteroot21--Fly master ninja. Member # 90845.

(...more to be added.)

PLANKOWNERS IN HONOR (No, they're not dead--just not here)
FNG--Master of tours in the hood and aka tardfarmer
Stealthycat--Master of unlimited aliases (aka's) and they were able to post and talk with each other. All aliases, however, hated high fence hunting.
(...hopefully, they come back. And yes, a request has been made.)

Last edited by CalHunter; 09-07-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Sorry but you cant leave out Cardeer. Even if he dont say much anymore he should be given some sort of plank, How about the grand marshal of peanut butter or something?
Oh and one more thing if I may.
While I find it somewhat of a............. well I have never been to Alaska and in fact I didn't even know they had marriages there. I've heard talk. LOL
Well if you dont mind I would like to be made Master of the Texas Jack-a-lope research program. Can you see what can be done about this? Its a very important program.

Last edited by Who; 07-03-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

I totally stand correct on cardeer and my apologies to that respected plankowner. Now as to your request for a jackalope Master designation, you did post a picture of the Alaskan Marriage document. Could you post a picture of a jackalope or some other type of evidence of your skill sets in this obviously vital program? I have a duty and responsibility to the members not to frivolously confer these senior and honored positions although your plankowner status was already so recognized.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

What about a Splinter Group Member?

Old 07-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PKnTX View Post
Ummm.....yeah, I have splinters......
Old 07-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Not a problem. Couldn't find any with all this rain, but then today with all the fireworks they thought it was lightning, see they only come out when it does that.
Attached Thumbnails Campfire/Offseason Plankowners-texasjackalope.jpg   Campfire/Offseason Plankowners-ferocious-desert-jackalope.jpg   Campfire/Offseason Plankowners-jackalopesite.jpg  
Old 07-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PKnTX View Post

Well, non-plankowners are just that--non-plankowners. I had not considered establishing splinter group members as that sounds kind of painful.

Members who were here before 2003 were obviously building HNI and the Offseason up to what the rest of you found (and liked) when you first checked out the site. Post 2003 members can qualify for that designation if they are demonstrating substantial evidence of building up HNI and the Campfire forum.

All members are able to qualify for extra points by doing things of great worth. MOM's (Members of the Month) must be assigned officially by dprsdhunter.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

nevermind.....

I

Last edited by Rickmur; 07-06-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow great post Rick and a look back at the real movers and shakers of the original HNI. When the new people today wonder why the old timers were always talking about how great this site was back in the day.....now they can see it via pictures. Just the fact that there were get togethers and people traveled long distances to attend is a testament to the solidarity the site had. When I first came here just after the meltdown in 2003 Cardeer was the man. He posted like nobodies business, was a nice guy and welcomed everyone. His humor was part and parcel of the attraction that first brought me here. He certainly is bigger than life as evidenced by the slide shows. I hope he is well and we can see him post a bit more in the future. Cal somebody needs to fix the cardeer/ cardeeer issue. Same person I believe and the extra character was due to a glitch and lost password if I am not mistaken.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, if the only criteria for Plank ownership is longevity, then I claim my plank. I've been here since 2000 at least, (don't remember the exact date of joining) and if I remember correctly my original member id# was 562, or something like that .....

Though I don't post much, I'm a professional lurker! spend most time at the GUN forum, but always stop to peruse the topics and threads on Politics and campfire (previously Off-Season).

BTW, what happened to the feature that allowed you to pass the cursor arrow over a member's name and their member # would appear at the bottom of the screen?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.