Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Campfire/Offseason Plankowners >

Campfire/Offseason Plankowners

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Campfire/Offseason Plankowners

Old 07-06-2010, 03:04 PM
  #21  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CalHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 18,154
Default

Originally Posted by PKnTX View Post
HEY, CAREFUL!! Your stick is pointier than mine!!!!

As for the Splinter Group initiative, it seems to have
fragmented to the point of having... well, no points.
So I guess the old far... I mean plankowner member
thingy will have to do.

Though that other member person with the
rambling, ranting and raving mentality
might be on to something.
Sounds like somebody I'd like.
Hmmmm.... Wonder who that was. Now lemmesee. Hmmmmm....
CalHunter is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:07 PM
  #22  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On an Island in Vermont
Posts: 21,862
Default

Originally Posted by PKnTX View Post
Has somebody already got mad and
took their plank home?

Come'on man!!
Since Rick's is so old.....an original ....it probably needs a coat of paint. perhaps he will decorate it with something like this....
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 05:44 PM
  #23  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: collin county, TX
Posts: 2,304
Default

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Since Rick's is so old.....an original ....it probably needs a coat of paint. perhaps he will decorate it with something like this....
OK.
Blessings to all.
PKnTX is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 07:15 AM
  #24  
Boone & Crockett
 
Lanse couche couche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 10,277
Default

The worm has certainly turned. The last time that I was on here, a number of the same folks now being complimented were being accused of being nothing but troublemakers and the site was going to be better off without them.
Attached Thumbnails Campfire/Offseason Plankowners-ole-miss.jpg  
Lanse couche couche is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 09:32 AM
  #25  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CalHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 18,154
Default

Although LCC's above post prompted this reply, it is really directed at all members, mods and even the admin. Whether anybody wants to admit or even realize it, we all share a common bond in this place that has sometimes been affectionately referred to as the lunatic asylum but more often has been called a cyber home for a lot of friends around the country who like to check in with each other, share some laughs and a part of their lives.

Perhaps the proverbial "worm" has turned in that some "folks" who were previously accused of being troublemakers are now being complimented. Not everybody has or had the same opinion.

Yes, a few people were way over the line and needed to either self-correct or be corrected. Even the Outhouse found a few of those people create a lot of headaches. Many others though were simply dragged into the mess when they complained about over-moderating and things being taken the wrong way. A lot of thought and debate about that very issue has occurred on the admin and mod levels.

There are a handful of people who will do their best to muck things up because that is simply what they do, like a snake trying to bite you. The vast majority of OS/CF members, however, simply want to post in peace, have fun and not have to look over their shoulder or worry about being micromanaged or micro-moderated. They just want to relax and have fun. As they should.

Putting aside the issue of people who want to continue mucking things up, what's important at this point is who is able and willing to move forward in a positive direction and manner. Christine created this forum at the request of several members, some of whom you've already referenced. Christine is the one who asked me to moderate the forum and is supporting the style, format and light moderation of this forum.

Yes, I'm helping it happen because I believe in it but it was Christine's decision and authority as an admin to do it or not. She is obviously supporting this forum and how it's being run, progressing and moderated.

Some people will jump back in quickly and help build it up. Some will lurk and be cautious about returning because they don't want to deal with the previous issues if they arise again. Many of them have already PM'd me and I assume Christine also (if not, they should). In time, they will likely come back and help build this place up.

There are a few people who will unfortunately insist on fighting the previous fight, posting about the previous problems and essentially dragging that baggage along with them into this new forum. While everybody else is trying to build the place up and have fun, those few will be trying to drag the place down because they don't want to let go of the past and the problems that existed all the way around (yes, that means moderators too).

I don't have a magic wand to wave and take away all of the previous problems, insults, heavy-handedness and other issues. Like many other things in life, there is no way to "undo" all of those frustrations and problems. However, we all have the opportunity and choice everyday to decide to live in the past and continue suffering or to put the past behind us and move forward.

I obviously hope many of you choose to move forward and make this place fun again. For me, it simply wouldn't be the same without davidmil's blue undies, judyboi's shovel and mother-in-law status to hntngirl and numerous other funny things that make this place great and unique.

So for those of you who want to move forward, welcome back and I'm glad to have you. For that small handful of people who will foolishly continue to pee in the pool, that's probably not going to work out too well but I think you already know that and are somewhat counting on it. Everybody has a clean slate at this point and YOU are the one who is going to write on it, draw on it or just pee on it. The choice is yours and so are the consequences. I hope all of you choose to come back and move forward.

So Semper Fi to ALL of the other vets. No, America did NOT lose the Vietnam war (the press and libs did). God Bless our troops and keep them safe. God Bless our fallen troops and keep them safe in Heaven. Now go play ball and have some fun.

Cal
CalHunter is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM
  #26  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On an Island in Vermont
Posts: 21,862
Default

Classic post that should draw out a few of the old farts. Nice job Cal....I'm impressed.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 PM
  #27  
bigcountry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post

There are a few people who will unfortunately insist on fighting the previous fight, posting about the previous problems and essentially dragging that baggage along with them into this new forum. While everybody else is trying to build the place up and have fun, those few will be trying to drag the place down because they don't want to let go of the past and the problems that existed all the way around (yes, that means moderators too).

I don't have a magic wand to wave and take away all of the previous problems, insults, heavy-handedness and other issues. Like many other things in life, there is no way to "undo" all of those frustrations and problems. However, we all have the opportunity and choice everyday to decide to live in the past and continue suffering or to put the past behind us and move forward.

Cal
Wow, are you sure your not my marriage counciler? I swear, this sounds just like a session between my wife and I.

Impressive post Cal. You the man.
 
Old 07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
  #28  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Smile

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
So for those of you who want to move forward, welcome back and I'm glad to have you. For that small handful of people who will foolishly continue to pee in the pool, that's probably not going to work out too well but I think you already know that and are somewhat counting on it. Everybody has a clean slate at this point and YOU are the one who is going to write on it, draw on it or just pee on it. The choice is yours and so are the consequences. I hope all of you choose to come back and move forward.

So Semper Fi to ALL of the other vets. No, America did NOT lose the Vietnam war (the press and libs did). God Bless our troops and keep them safe. God Bless our fallen troops and keep them safe in Heaven. Now go play ball and have some fun.

Cal

As Honorable Husband would say, "I'll drink to that."



May The Sheep Be With Y'all
sachiko is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 01:37 PM
  #29  
Nontypical Buck
 
scottymack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Placerville, CA
Posts: 2,860
Default

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post

Ken3--Steelers fan extraordinaire (go Raiders ).

That's just wrong, next time you are up at Ice House I'll sick Bob on you. But you would get along with a buddy in Folsom that was a fan of the penal league
scottymack is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 05:33 PM
  #30  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CalHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 18,154
Default

I've been an A's and Raiders fan since the late 60's/70's. Long before the Raiders became such boneheads and supported by gangbangers. Lately I've been enjoying going to the Rivercats games.
CalHunter is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.