Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Why did my post get deleted about being ripped off at the gun show? >

Why did my post get deleted about being ripped off at the gun show?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Why did my post get deleted about being ripped off at the gun show?

Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jrbsr View Post
It was moved to Guns, in the Firearm Forum.
The issue is about a gun.
So that is where it shoud be.
Actually the Guns forum is about what gun to buy, models, calibers, etc...NOT problems with dealers...that's what the OffSeason forum is for...and more people will see the post in the OffSeason forum...
Old 03-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

i moved it there just to stir the pot your welcome
i thought it was about getting ripped off

mirco-management is such a good thing

i got to get back to the play-ground billy is playing a practical joke involving bobby's lunch, see you clowns later

Last edited by m.t.hands; 03-16-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Dominant Buck

It was moved to Guns, in the Firearm Forum.
The issue is about a gun.
So that is where it shoud be.
I guess then it was your decision to move it and I understand you’re rational. On the other hand the off season forum talks about a little bit of everything and IMO sometimes it is better to let something slide especially if it really doesn't matter. Many of the members resent that level of moderation.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

IBTL
Old 03-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

5. No discussion or challenge to our editing policy are allowed within the forums.
I have emailed administration twice, asking them to point me to their "editing policy" and they refuse to answer me. It's fine that they make any rules they want on a private forum, but if they are going to go through with making rules, they should at least make sense...
Old 03-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I refuse to be sucked into this thread.

IBTL
Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

If the mods are all so evil and mean, it would seem to me that several posters on this thread would be in trouble.

Eto, the editing policy is simple. It consists of the HNI posting rules, plus the mod's individual descretion. For instance, if we stuck strictly to the rules this entire thread would be removed, but we try to use a bit of descretion and common sense. Sometimes it's just easier to provide some people with a little more rope.

When a thread is moved, there's an option to leave a link to where it was moved to. 'Course mods are human too, and can make mistakes (yeah, I know that's hard to believe!).

I guess it can get frustrating not being able to say whatever you want, on whichever forum you want, especially considering the high membership fees you pay to be allowed on this site. You can take consolation in knowing that 100% of your posting fees go toward paying professional moderators to keep the boards neat and tidy.

Chad
Old 03-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess it can get frustrating not being able to say whatever you want, on whichever forum you want, especially considering the high membership fees you pay to be allowed on this site. You can take consolation in knowing that 100% of your posting fees go toward paying professional moderators to keep the boards neat and tidy.
Of course the company you work for free for profits from ads that we members view, so it behooves them to provide at least a little satisfaction in the service they provide... or at least that's how I think marketing works, sort of, kind of.

I mean if service declines, so would membership and participation. If advertisers get a sense of this, they may choose to spend their marketing budget more wisely.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Off Season (2 Viewing)
Talk about the non-hunting aspect of life...what little there is!
Making a purchase from a gun dealer seems to fall in this category. Looks like severe micro managing to me by one of the super mico managers this site has. There are about 3 or 4 but I think AG52 is not among us any more. Lighten up boys for crying out loud.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think AG52 is not among us any more
after typing that see if your hands don't smell like butt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.