Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
big snake, Florida boys, is this true >

big snake, Florida boys, is this true

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

big snake, Florida boys, is this true

Old 10-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Southern Buck View Post
Man dont take this the wrong way but are you crazy deer are magnificent creatures too but that dont mean you shouldnt kill them. Aint no doubt what I would have done rattlesnakes are no good, the way I look at it, Ill kill it befor it gets the chance to kill tha boy, cuzz has got him some good eaten and a mighty fine pair of snake skin boots now

Yeah I might be a bit on the crazy side. I love snakes. To me its like discovering bigfoot and then gunning him down in a preemptive strike. Like the Scuzzlebutt episode of Southpark.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd be more concerned with the pythons that are now thriving in the South Florida Everglades. Some weigh hundreds of pounds and exceed 20' in length.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:14 PM
bigcountry

Any one of you flordians ever kill a nice eastern, be sure to save it for ole bigcountry to use on a longbow.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know a few human snakes that big
Old 10-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Tennessee wildlife folks reintroduced rattlesnakes to the Cherokee national forest several years back. It is also against the law in Tennessee to kill ANY snake. I have never killed any, but my tires have gotten a few.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ill save ya one Big, we got quite a few around here too, seen several over 6 ft, think that will be enough skin for ya , almost couldve had ya a copperhead the other day, stepped all over the biggest one Ive ever seen, I geusstimated around 4 or 5 ft. lol
Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the largest I've seen around here is 5.5 ft.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
Any one of you flordians ever kill a nice eastern, be sure to save it for ole bigcountry to use on a longbow.
You should have mentioned this 2-3 months ago. I killed one a little over 6' and a 5' too. I haven't seen one lately though (thank god!).

I killed 3 pygmy rattlers the other day on the way to my stand. If I kill a dozen of them you could sew the skins together and possibly claim it as an eastern

Pic of the 5'

Last edited by bryant1; 10-02-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:43 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Rickmur View Post
I know a few human snakes that big
YOu know people over 7ft tall?? I can't say I know anyone that tall. I have a friend who is 6'8",but thats about it. I wouldn't say he's a snake.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:44 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bryant1 View Post
You should have mentioned this 2-3 months ago. I killed one a little over 6' and a 5' too. I haven't seen one lately though (thank god!).

I killed 3 pygmy rattlers the other day on the way to my stand. If I kill a dozen of them you could sew the skins together and possibly claim it as an eastern

Pic of the 5'
Sometimes I am glad I don't hunt in Florda.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.