Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Add a pic :)

Old 11-17-2008, 05:14 AM

Default RE: Add a pic :)

I received this in a email from a friend a while back, and couldn't help but laugh

Old 11-17-2008, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pics...

ORIGINAL: nohillbilly

Gangsters!

cool one nh.

You havesome good lookin kin right there.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pics...

ORIGINAL: pigiron

ORIGINAL: nohillbilly

Gangsters!

cool one nh.

You havesome good lookin kin right there.

That's a fact they are good looking kids.
The little one looks like hefarted and the bigger one looks like she's smelling it,gave me a chuckle.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

Is that a baby camel spider? Man those things could rape a turkey [:-][:'(]
LOL, it's my understanding that there are about a dozen different breeds of camel spiders, some get bigger than others. And some can bite hard enough to send a full grown man into shock. That one appeared to be fully mature due to the length of it's fangs. The really big ones (from what I hear) live in Kuwait, but they don't normally get over 6" or so in length no matter where they are. If you hold them reeeeeeally close to the camera they look bigger. They are scary though, since they like to crawl into dark areas like your boots and clothing on the floor. And they're fast!.. I hate spiders[&:].
Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wiggy

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

Is that a baby camel spider? Man those things could rape a turkey [:-][:'(]
LOL, it's my understanding that there are about a dozen different breeds of camel spiders, some get bigger than others. And some can bite hard enough to send a full grown man into shock. That one appeared to be fully mature due to the length of it's fangs. The really big ones (from what I hear) live in Kuwait, but they don't normally get over 6" or so in length no matter where they are. If you hold them reeeeeeally close to the camera they look bigger. They are scary though, since they like to crawl into dark areas like your boots and clothing on the floor. And they're fast!.. I hate spiders[&:].
Yep, thats why i'll never go to these places [:'(]
Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL My friends in Iraq have quite a few stories about camel spiders. One guy got chased clear across a PX. Another one actually spends his time hunting them with a BB pistol we sent him. Scary scary little demon things. They can keep them over there, I'll take a nice tarantula any day.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel sick...

Old 11-18-2008, 10:32 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solifugae

Camel Spiders aren't that bad really.....They just get a bad rap...Wikipedia knows everything.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Wikipedia

Urban legends
Solifugae are the subject of many urban legends and exaggerations about their size, speed, behavior, appetite, and lethality. They are not especially large, the biggest having a leg span of perhaps 12 centimeters (5 in)[1]. They are fast on land compared to other invertebrates, the fastest can run perhaps 16 kilometers per hour (10 mph), nearly half as fast as the fastest human sprinter. Members of this order of Arachnida apparently have no venom, with the possible exception of one species in India (see below) and do not spin webs.
In the Middle East, it is widely rumored among American and coalition military forces stationed there that Solifugae will feed on living human flesh. The story goes that the creature will inject some anaesthetizing venom into the exposed skin of its sleeping victim, then feed voraciously, leaving the victim to awaken with a gaping wound. Solifugae, however, do not produce such an anaesthetic, and they do not attack prey larger than themselves unless threatened. Other stories include tales of them leaping into the air, disemboweling camels, screaming, and running alongside moving humvees; all of these tales are dubious at best. Due to their bizarre appearance many people are startled or even afraid of them. This fear was sufficient to drive a family from their home when one was discovered in a soldier's house in Colchester [2]. The greatest threat they pose to humans, however, is their bite in self-defense when one tries to handle them. There is essentially no chance of death directly caused by the bite, but, due to the strong muscles of their chelicerae, they can produce a proportionately large, ragged wound that is prone to infection.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

But they're bloody massive! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.