Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 todays turkey hunt >

todays turkey hunt

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

todays turkey hunt

Old 05-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default todays turkey hunt

today was the frist day ive gotten to work a bird.. he was coming in, slowly but coming... then i hear chainsaws, and people talking..WHAT... [:@] u got to be kidding me.. well i never saw the bird.. i couldnt believe someone was cutting wood at 10am during turkey season, knowing that people were hunting.. well when i left i went down the road to see who it was and sure enough the PGC... hey im all for them doing work on the land and so on and im glad they are,but i think they should have thought that one through.. like maybe not during hunting season or maybe after noon... i dont even know what they were doing, i didnt see them i only saw the PGC work truck..
Old 05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: todays turkey hunt

WOW, what a bummer!

Having a hard time imagining what job could have been so important that it couldn't be scheduled around the guys who paid for the ground.

(I'm assuming you were on PGC land)
Old 05-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

yes it was state game lands.. it does make ya a little mad.. but i hope they got done what they are doing today cause ill be there tomorrow, hopefully ill get another chance.. he was hot today.. the weather is getting warmer... but if i do see them there again tomorrow im going to say something to them..
Old 05-05-2005, 01:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

they dont care
Old 05-05-2005, 05:20 AM

Geesh, people bitch & moan that enough isn't being logged or enough habitat work is not being done and then complain when the do do something. We can't have it both ways all the time. I bet those guys are glad to have a job but pissed they couldn't be out turkey hunting too.

Some people here don't seem to care either..... cardeer.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:12 AM

I hunted an area they are timbering. Birds dont mind . You can use it to your advantage. Birds will be away from the major action thats all...
Old 05-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

dude what are you talking about... i clearly said im all for work being done on game lands but they could have picked another time.. no they wernt logging.. geesh i bet if someone was messing up your hunt on the private land you hunt if you even hunt, im sure you would be upset also... i tell u what ill do for you, the first day of deer ill cut some trees for you right behind you because what better time to do it than on the first day of deer..
ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

Geesh, people bitch & moan that enough isn't being logged or enough habitat work is not being done and then complain when the do do something. We can't have it both ways all the time. I bet those guys are glad to have a job but pissed they couldn't be out turkey hunting too.

Some people here don't seem to care either..... cardeer.