Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Good News for Central NY >

Good News for Central NY

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Good News for Central NY

Old 04-10-2005, 09:11 PM

Default RE: Good News for Central NY

Gosh Bill, kinda sounded like the NY Dept. of Ag. released the names cause the paper trail was insufficient to trace all the potential sources/destinations. Do you mean to say that all such info was proprly documented and available and the state boys did that out of spite?
Old 04-10-2005, 09:32 PM

Well, if that were the logic, how would posting his name and risking his privacy, make that insufficient papertrail come together? He wasnt withholding that info. Like I said, Im not able to say too much here. Regardless, I wish my state operated a bit differently then they do...I can only hope that cooler heads prevail. Most of us guys are doing what is asked of us, whether its percieved that way or not.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just watching the news and they said "State and Federal Hunters will be in the woods in Onieda County trying to capture deer to be tested for CWD". But then at the end they say "the carcasses will be take to the fish hatchery for examination" Now what i don't get is the say carcasses which I take as dead. But they say capture wich I take as catching alive. If any one is smarter than me pleese let me know what they plan on doing since I have learned more about the whole incident on this board then from the news or paper.Thanx
Old 04-11-2005, 07:15 AM

Doesn't sound like anyone's accusing those two of doing anything illegal at this time Bill, merely that the paper trail and their memories may be insufficient to trace all possible leads. Doesn't sound to me like they're being treated any less fairly than any other source of a disease that needs to be controlled such as a chicken farm where avian flu were discovered, or a restaurant linked to a hepatitis outbreak.

Personally, I side with you right now and think we know too little at this time to assign any blame. There may be none and the state's controls may even prove to be sufficient to keep this an isolated incident. That would be great, but I'll bet ya there's some puckered orifices down here in PA where our monitoring and paperwork trails appear to be far, far less stringent than yours and far less likely to catch it so early.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:12 PM

Ruffed, suffice it to say, based on my comments not quite matching what youve read so far, that I do indeed see and know more than Im able to say here. Im in the middle of this through a hasty assumption from the state. I too hope the outcome is as best as could be assumed at this stage of the game!
Old 04-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

spike - they will be "capturing" with a bullet. the only way to test for CWD is with a dead carcass (i guess that is redundent). i read that 420 deer will be killed in the area around the deer farm. hope to heck they don't find any.