Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Anyone trying for a moose permit? >

Anyone trying for a moose permit?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone trying for a moose permit?

Old 03-29-2005, 12:45 PM

Default RE: Anyone trying for a moose permit?

I fdon't know how mouch more rejection I can take. lol I've been trying to draw a Maine tag for the past 15 years and have yet to get drawn. I will be applying in NH this year again as well. Eventually my luck has to change.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

NH for me
Old 03-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

you know guys, if you are tired of the rejection, just go to quebec. i have checked into, here's the deal according to the last time i checked it out : first you DO NOT need a guide to hunt moose in quebec. second, YOU DO need to form a "party", which was either at least two or three people. third, when you do tag a moose, tags come in two parts; each license contains two sections, let's call them A and B. if you get one, your A and your buddy's B have to go on the moose, and you are both done. the third person, i believe, would be out of luck, he would actually need a fourth, the more i remember it all. over the counter tags, i am fairly certain it was, with crown land to hunt on. and let's face it, as large as they are, you really only want to fool with one anyways, and if you were drawn in any n.e. states, one would be your limit anyhow. something to think about guys. plus, they were not terribly expensive either.
Pat
Old 03-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

I keep applying in NH. This'll be the 5th year but at least now they have a point system in place.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:43 PM

Don't feel too bad..I live in Maine and both my wife and I have been putting in for 20 years now and have only been picked ONCE! Outter staters can now buy as many chances( you get 10 chances for that money at a time) as they want for 53 bucks..we cant even do that and we live here..go figure!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

My father brother and I are applying to Maine for our 3rd year. After reading what you guys said, I guess I'll be waiting for a while.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

I applied for new NH
Old 03-31-2005, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Applying in Maine again this year, and maybe start New Hampshire. The "preference point" system in Maine is a JOKE and a money scam by the state, if one person can buy up to SIX points it reduces everyones odds back to having NONE, it defeats it's own purpose, simple math........but I still put in one point every year.

I guarantee I'll be hunting Moose in Newfoundland, Canada, or Alaska before I EVER get drawn in NH or Maine, I know of resident guides and their families who have been putting in up there for 15 years and never drawn a tag, so you all might just as well get comfy waiting....
Old 04-11-2005, 10:15 PM

orginally from Vermont what are my chances for a vt. permit?Also what is the deadline for an application. thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 11:39 AM

been trying for 25 years dont think its in the cards and we aint getting any younger