Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY'ers...What you think about the changed deer proposals? >

NY'ers...What you think about the changed deer proposals?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY'ers...What you think about the changed deer proposals?

Old 03-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY'ers...What you think about the changed deer proposals?

Two new thoughts...

Now you get three days to hunt bear that won't cut into the regular deer season...

How much money is going to be made when the next guy invents a "sidelock modern muzzleloader" based off todays in-line concepts....
Old 03-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

3 words - BUNCH OF CRAP

I have been a supporter and advocate for the DEC. That is up til now. They basically ignored much of the public input (at least big game hunters). what have they done, really?? As someone pointed out, they didn't accomplish anything that they set out to do. Oh, they have expanded ML opportunities - for a whopping 3 days, if you have a primative ML. Big whoop. Oh, and an astonishing 2 extra days in the late ML season. Wow, talk about more opportunities! I am overwhelmed by their charity. I wish I could trade in my ML lifetime license. This is BS. Must be the DEC thought it is more prudent to listen to the small game hunters and snowmobilers than the hunters that support thier programs. definite A for effort on this one boys (actually the "A" stands for something else)
Old 03-26-2005, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

Not the best news,but could have been worse!3 days starting Oct.14 is better than the whole 3rd week of Oct.Primative means less pressure because of less hunters going that route.As far as the Sat. opener,I would rather have it on Mon,but for years I saw the poor guy low on the totem pole miss opening day because everyone else put in for that week for their vaction.Also might help getting the youth infussed back into the sport.As far as missing the "best week of the rut" for archery,I rarely found that week to be the best,heck last year where I hunted the best activity occured the 3rd and 4th week of Oct.I think the Dec did listen, if infact these are the new regulations.They knew we didn't want the 3rd week muzzleloader season,I think they tried to compomise the best way they could with out totally scraping" the "early" muzzloader season.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion there is no compromise, but a total shift in what they wanted to accomplish. I think most everybody in the long run gets the screws put to them. let's see: ML hunters don't get equity (now most have 9 days - a few will get 12 - instead of 7 before). Bow hunters lose a prime weekend of hunting and get no early opportunity. Looks like the reg season hunters get the winner.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:18 AM

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

Here is what I found elsewhere...I believe this is what you meant....

This is not official - as yet - it still needs the blessing of the DEC's lawyers, but here is what the Department is proposing for new hunting season regulations as of today 3/9/05.

* A 3 day primitive muzzle loader season beginning on Columbus Day. Only flintlock or side lock weapons will be allowed. The season will be for antlerless deer only and the hunter must have a DMP or a DMAP. Black bears may be taken as well.

* Archery season opens the Saturday after Columbus Day and runs until the Saturday opener of gun season. No changes at all.

* Gun season opens the third Saturday in November and goes for 23 days.

* A 9 day muzzleloader/archery season opens on the close of gun season and any remaining tags may be used.

jcchartboy,

Please post where you got this info.
Everybody is upset at this but nowhere can I find this info.
To me this idea is BS but you guys are arguing over a subject that is hear say so lets get some links or something to show what you are saying.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fastfire..You must not have looked very hard....all I can say is Google..

http://www.thedailystar.com/sports/2.../18/spout.html

http://167.206.135.118/cgi-bin/ultim...c&f=1&t=008388

http://members.boardhost.com/tmmh/msg/120953.html

THE DAILY STAR......
03/18/05

Proposals could shake up deer hunting

OUTDOORS COLUMN

After 20 public meetings and a multitude of e-mails, phone calls and petitions, DEC has come up with a new proposal for next year’s deer season. The following changes have been submitted for the final rule-making process.

Instead of a muzzle-loading season during the middle of archery season, as previously suggested, the proposal is for a primitive, muzzle-loading, anterless-only deer season Oct. 10-12. Hunting implements will be determined but probably be limited to flint locks or side locks without scopes.

No in-line muzzleloaders will be allowed. This will be implemented with the Deer Management Permits, so I’m not sure how it will actually work.

The Southern Zone Archery Season will start three days after that on Saturday, Oct. 15, and run through Nov. 18. Regular Firearms SeAdvertisement

ason will start Nov. 19 (the third Saturday of the month) and run until Dec. 11. The Late Archery and Muzzleloader Seasons will run Dec. 12-20.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would also like to add that my original post clearly states I did not know of these changes. Phade, being in a good position to watch these changes, started the topic. I was simlply asking if these are the rules he meant.
After researching a little more I know believe these are in fact the current proposals.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:35 AM

I do not like the new proposal. Please email, write and call the DEC and your legistlators. Send your emails to [email protected]
Old 03-27-2005, 05:54 AM

jcchartboy,

Thank you for the links.

As for goggle I won't use it!!!!!!!
Tried it once loaded my PC full of ad ware(spy ware).
Don't believe me if you don't have a spy ware removal program
get one clean your PC then go do a goggle & then ck for spy ware.
They load spy ware for most of their advertisers and do it in one search!!
Old 03-27-2005, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fastfire ...your welcome. Second, I don't want to get off topic here but I am pretty computer proficient. I do not believe google was the source of your spyware. I run both spybot and adaware as spy protection and have not seen google as a source of infections. I also use google's tool bar. That actually has a pop up blocker. It prevents almost all unwanted popups, and their associated spyware.

Quick Reply: NY'ers...What you think about the changed deer proposals?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.