Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Sunday Hunting - NRA issues Fact Sheet >

Sunday Hunting - NRA issues Fact Sheet

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday Hunting - NRA issues Fact Sheet

Old 03-25-2005, 12:08 PM

Default RE: Sunday Hunting - NRA issues Fact Sheet

Mossy,
Maybe if I type real slow(i do anyways) you can understand this. We have almost no public land, we hunt on private land. You don't need permission or a lease or anything else. It's the law...if it ain't posted against hunting you can hunt it.

Now these landowners want to use their land one day a week without getting shot at, if they can't do that they will post it and that includes myself.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now these landowners want to use their land one day a week without getting shot at,
You shoot at your land owners the other six days a week? No wonder they need Sunday's off.[8D]
Old 03-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

So...Maine....If it's somebody's OWN private land, they sure as hell should be able to use it however they want. I agree.

What if that particular landowner wants to hunt? You're telling him that he can't.

If they do want that privlege of having people out of there on Sunday, they should tell them so. That's how it works if they don't want anybody there at all.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:11 PM

Yep, that's similar to PA Maineguide. Trespassing isn't a crime unless land's posted, fenced, or you're given notice and they've been using that same lame excuse for years.

Now we've got over 70% of our land posted by the last survey and the anti-hunting on Sunday crowd is still using the same excuse. They heard it in NY and OH as well and they lifted their Blue law anyway... and guess what.... yep, their was no significant increase in posted property in either state.

With almost 40 states already treating Sunday hunting like any other activity on any other day of the week, there continues to be a complete lack of any evidence to support any of the fears and concerns that keep this law in place.

NRA says: "This opposition to Sunday hunting is in fact opposition to the future of hunting itself."
Old 03-25-2005, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Maineguide5424

More propaganda and scare tactics from the NRA-ILA, Maine dosen't have Sunday hunting and we don't need it or want it.
The NRA has no business telling any state what it's laws should be.
If you poll the entire state, you probably will find most agree with you. If you poll just those that hunt, I think you'll find that you are in the minority. Hard working men and women who work 5-6 days a week should not have the government be telling them they can't hunt on Sunday, especially if it's on their own land.

A similar thing happened in WV. The state slipped Sunday hunting through very quietly. Once passed, the Farm Bureau campaigned in every county to ban Sunday hunting. They were able to get it on the general election ballot in most counties in the state. The ballot simply said "Do you think there should be Sunday hunting?..Yes......No......" Hunters are a minority. When you allow everyone to vote (non-hunters included), it is no surprise that Sunday Hunting failed in every county it was voted on. Thank god I still live in a county that still allows it.

NO ONE can give any good reasons why hunting should not be allowed on Sunday. It works without problems in the 40+ odd states that it is allowed in. It should be personal choice.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:46 AM

MaineGuide,
you are about the most negative person I have ever read a post on. what if the NRA wasn't there to help you and no guns, I guess your guide business would be done. I don't want to pound on you or anything everyone is entitled to there opinion, but all yours are negative. Don't start the tough guy stuff with me either, I go to Maine, I see the nice people hunt with men from all over the country. In the east Maine is the big one, I guess but, travel go to Alaska you'd s@#t your pants it's truly rugged.

Till our trails cross,

Ryan

More propaganda and scare tactics from the NRA-ILA, Maine dosen't have Sunday hunting and we don't need it or want it.
The NRA has no business telling any state what it's laws should be.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:47 AM

The paper, timber and lumber companies only work on Sundays. Please give me a break.

Mossy,
Maybe if I type real slow(i do anyways) you can understand this. We have almost no public land, we hunt on private land. You don't need permission or a lease or anything else. It's the law...if it ain't posted against hunting you can hunt it.

Now these landowners want to use their land one day a week without getting shot at, if they can't do that they will post it and that includes myself.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:51 AM

Practice gun safety and know one gets shot right! I walk around the gun range every Sunday and I haven't been shot in my life. Type slow, think slow. Step out on the hiway my freind the backroads are full.

Mossy,

Old 03-26-2005, 07:31 AM

The paper, timber and lumber companies only work on Sundays. Please give me a break.
Nope but they do post NO HUNTING signs around their operations or close roads under some circumstances to general traffic when working in the woods during November.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:13 AM

Maybe you should stay away from your computer when you're drinking. Where did you find that written?

Quick Reply: Sunday Hunting - NRA issues Fact Sheet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.