Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hogzilla

Old 03-29-2005, 06:33 AM

Default RE: Hogzilla

There was a TV show on the other night called animal X - the topic was Hogzilla

They actually went out found where this Pig was burried and ran some tests - DNA skull and other bone measurments-

they determined that the hog was a hybrid about 7 years old - part hampshire and part wild bore -
They also said that the hog was closer to 8' than 12 and about 800 lbs not 1000. Either way it is the largest hog ever taken and they said that with it running around for the last 7 years in the wild with other wild boards that its genes are now out there and there is the possibility for other enormous pigs to be runnign around the swamps - but they seem to think it has something to do with the pig sneaking in and eating some of the high protien feed at the ranch on which it was shot -

They raise some species of fish - can't remember the name of the fish but it looks like a blue gill on steroids - Its the size of a dinner plate and a little bigger -

I am quessing it will be the biggest hog taken for a long time before you see anything even close to that size again.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:04 PM

Default RE: Hogzilla

i think its real but if hes burry it it may be fake and he dont want anone to know its fake
i wanted to see the animal x episode of it but missed it ill see it again though when its a re run