Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 New York State Hog Hunting >

New York State Hog Hunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New York State Hog Hunting

Old 03-19-2005, 06:04 PM

Default New York State Hog Hunting

is there any where to hunt hogs in New York State?
Old 03-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New York State Hog Hunting

there are a few places (fenced reserves). I know there is one in Homer. Also one in Tioga, PA
Old 03-20-2005, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

mysticguido- go to oldstonefence.com for more information. I have hunted Russian boar there and the owner Steve Fobare is a great guy and goes out of his way to make sure you enjoy your hunt. Hope this helps you out. Charlie.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:30 AM

The Creekside hunting preserve is the only area that I know of in WNY.

http://www.creeksidewhitetail.com/

I hope we never have a problem with wild boars. I am afraid it might adversely effect the deer population.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CharlieNY

mysticguido- go to oldstonefence.com for more information. I have hunted Russian boar there and the owner Steve Fobare is a great guy and goes out of his way to make sure you enjoy your hunt. Hope this helps you out. Charlie.
charlieny, the million dollar question is, are these penned up can hunts or are the boar out in a BIG enclosure, "free ranging".

i realize that theres got to be fences in place, but i don't want to go there with my bow and have someone say, "there, shoot that one, in the corner"

you know what i'm saying? i bowhunt 10 acre patches that ARE NOT fenced for whitetails, and i can hunt hard and they manage to avoid me.Man, youd think there were no deer there if not for the tracks and rubs..... how big is this operation and do you consider it a challenge or is it a slam dunk?

thanks for the info
moose
Old 03-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey another auburnian on here yea those are all of the places i would of mentioned
Old 03-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

wonder if my father knows you?
Old 03-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

try this from an earlier post i did
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...1&key=&#555715

i did not end up going hunting i bought stuff for my new mzloader and zxmas presents[:@]
Old 03-21-2005, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

moose1915- the area is fenced in but by no means is it a canned hunt. You have your choice of stalking the boars, putting on drives, and hunting from treestands or from the ground. I do not know the exact acreage of the fenced in area, but it is quite large. There are also many other exotic animals in the pen including large elk, red stag, whitetails, etc. so this might give you an idea of how large it is. By the way, if you have never tried it yet, Russian boar meat is absolutely delicious no matter how you cook it and, in my experience, those people that detest wild game always like boar meat and ask me for more once they have tried it.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

charlie p iwonder if you know my father

Quick Reply: New York State Hog Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.