Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 New York State Hog Hunting >

New York State Hog Hunting

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New York State Hog Hunting

Old 03-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New York State Hog Hunting

I know the fobare family and they are classy people.... although Steve's place isn't that big. Maybe 200 acres and that is pushing it. The fobare family owns 10x that amount of land in St. Lawrence County.

Some friends of mine went hunting there... it is not free range by any means. They were disappointed.

Having said that, we have all hunted at a place in Chaumont NY... for the life of my I can't remember the name... but that place was more like 1000 acres.. still "canned", but more area to run and hide in.

I believe the old cabin country PBS series did a couple of hunts there....
Old 03-30-2005, 09:50 AM

I have been to the OLd Stone Fence in Renssalear Falls also. It isn't a bad place to go, he went up a lot on his 200 pound hogs from last year. I paid $425. last year for a 200lb., he wants $500. this year. I went to one in Brookfield NY the first 2 years I went for them, but he wasn't open last year. I talked to him a week ago, he was thinking of getting back into it again. I am trying to get back a hold of him. It was more of a fair chase hunt in Brookfield. His hogs tasted a lot better too. Not so gamey. There is the Creekside Whitail lodge also in Buffalo. I am looking for a closer place to go to this year, can anyone help????
Old 03-30-2005, 09:53 AM

Was it the Creekside Whitail lodge? If not, let me know if you can remember. I am looking for another spot to go to.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:01 PM

Yes Creekside Whitetail lodge is near Buffalo, well actually about 45 minutes south of Buffalo. They have 500+ acres so it shouldn't be to much of a canned hunt. I never been there myself though I have heard good things about the place.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:41 PM

I hunt hogs in Saranac Lake N.Y., in a place called the Waterhole.Usually at night though.
Its nice,no license or permits.
No camo,gun or bow.
Also no treestand,but something similar,its called a Barstool.
I guess you would call it a beer can hunt.
If no luck there then I take the hunt to Snuffys Pub.
I`d better stop HERE!
Old 03-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Dominant Buck

www.oldstonefence.com
Old 03-31-2005, 04:26 AM

Charlie Got a story for you.....

Ever eat Groundhog ??? I have, Was born & raised in southern Pa , You kill it you eat it, the way i was taught....But Had an uncle that Had some chili going & ran outta meat & found a pound of frozen groundhog in Freezer , so he used it, The neighboring farmer came over to visit & asked him, Somewthing smells good, So he served him up A bowl, Neighbor loved it & asked him what kinda meat you use, My Uncle said groundhog, It taste great he says, So later that day, This was during Deer season & this Prepie , Uppity hunter Came in Hungryyyy , So uncle feed him Chili, He wanted more & more, Than he asked uncle Man this chili Taste great , whats your secret.... Groundhog meat uncle says..... LOL Dude ran to sink & puked his guts out, Go to show you, You can eat it, love the way it taste until you know what it is, Funny how that works, Needless to say i eat everything i kill Or i dont kill it, But may change that Theroy, since Iam gonna hunt Coyote this year ( Aint gonna eat them ) .....

Raymond
Old 04-05-2005, 05:25 AM

Where is this place, The Old Stone Fence? I went for 2 years for boars, in Brookfield NY, they tasted great, when I got a 200 pounder at the Old Stone Fence, it wasn't that great tasting at all, and I love pork meat. It was a lot stronger at the Old Stone Fence for some reason. I found another spot to go to in Oneida County, but until I find out where this CWD is, I won't go.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

whats the town in oneida county?
Old 04-29-2005, 06:50 AM

Just went last week to Homer, Cold Brook Hunts. I hate to talk about any place and give them a bad name, but it was the worst hunt I have ever been on. Wanted us to go sit and wait, said maybe the hogs would move around to us, ya right. We sat for over 4 hours, they came and got the guy who went with us, he was using a Muzzle Loader. He shot the first one. Then they drove 3 of them to us on a 4 wheeler. I think they brought them from the barn. They were far from any other Russian Boar I have hunted. Usually we stalk them, and if they see you they are gone, not these. Last year I went to The Old Stone Fence. These hogs were mean. Tasted lousy though. It is a small enclosure too. I didn't like that. We could either sit in a stand or on the ground. It was more fun at the Old Stone Fence though. I don't know why the hog tasted so strong though. I had Russian boars twice from a place we hunted at in Brookfield Ny. He wasn't open this year though. That was the best hunt I have been on yet. We stalked them, me and a friend always bowhunt them. I am going to keep looking around for other hunts. I definitely will not go back to Cold Brook hunts, if I have to, I will go back to the Old Stone Fence.

Quick Reply: New York State Hog Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.