Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 possible changes for NY deer seasons >

possible changes for NY deer seasons

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

possible changes for NY deer seasons

Old 03-20-2005, 02:27 PM

Default RE: possible changes for NY deer seasons

ORIGINAL: BuckAlley

I'm going to add to the mayhem here. My brother just told me yesterday he recieved a letter in the mail Friday from the DEC. Basically reading they are not going ahead with their season proposal, and the 05 season dates will be announced, and posted on the websight 3/30 or 31. I'm not sure why he recieved a letter, and I haven't heard of anyone else recieving such a letter. He left it at his job where he showed fellow hunters he works with. I told him I'd like to see it first hand. He's not known to b.s. on hunting related issues. Him & I both mailed letters to the DEC on our season views, and attended a public meeting on it in Watertown. He figured one of those reasons was why he had recieved this letter, and was surprised when I hadn't. So it all beats me!!!!
That is great that his letter was read and considered with the changes.
I have never recieved a response for any letter I have written but just hoped that it atleast was opened and read by the right person and considered.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:44 PM

Leo, I see that you're from Saratoga . . I grew up there. In Geyser Crest. My parents still live there, as well as the guy whose family owns the base 375 acres of his deer camp (that I belong to). Where are ya in Saratoga?
Old 03-22-2005, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddyemms

Leo, I see that you're from Saratoga . . I grew up there. In Geyser Crest. My parents still live there, as well as the guy whose family owns the base 375 acres of his deer camp (that I belong to). Where are ya in Saratoga?
Nice to meet another hunter from these parts. I dated a girl a few years back who lived in the crest. I Own "Lee's Park" Campground next to the state boat launch on fish creek, well its the familys not mine personally. You know where my place is? I see you have a hunting camp around here. What town is it in if you dont mind me asking? I am in the "town" of saratoga and not the city, THANK GOD! With our land and surrounding swamp land i have access to about 1000 acres of mostly swamp land from hell that is landlocked by farms that dont allow anyone to hunt the swamp except this rotten horsefarmer but that story i posted several monthes ago so i wont get back into that... either way nice to meet you, maybe we can swap a couple hunts if your interested.