Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 possible changes for NY deer seasons >

possible changes for NY deer seasons

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

possible changes for NY deer seasons

Old 03-17-2005, 09:25 AM

Default RE: possible changes for NY deer seasons

was in a hurry last night southern tier gun season will open on a saturday..... not bow
Old 03-17-2005, 12:23 PM

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, do you realize you spelled your screen name wrong? Its Oneida, not Onieda. If you misspelled it due to the correct spelling already having been taken, well, then we can blame it on Phade or something, ok?
Old 03-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

HA!

I'm innocent.....

I was wrong once.....but....it was a mistake......
Old 03-17-2005, 06:55 PM

nope i knew it was spelled wrong just did it so it was diffrent.. i live right on oneida lake.. so it was phade fault
Old 03-17-2005, 08:25 PM

Aaaahhh, so its kinda like me living close to Lake "Onetario" then, huh? I figured it was Phade's fault...
Old 03-18-2005, 08:10 PM

I heard this from a guy who is deeply involved with hunting NY and attends meetings that southern and northern will open at the same time BUT there will be 3 days of muzzleloader before bow opens in southern. YOU CAN NOT use inlines! ONLY ball/patch muzzleloaders. Good thing i have one rotting away in my garage that i couldnt sell so now i can sight that it in. Thats what i heard and i know its another "hear say" but thats what i heard. If im correct you can all say you heard it from me!
Old 03-19-2005, 08:19 AM

It's funny, not saying anybody is wrong, but this is the 3rd post from a reliable source. All with different outcomes of the season. I was told it would be set March 15th, so my post is not looking to reliable, even though it was from a Conservation Officer. Has anybody heard when the DEC will be telling and put all the speculation to rest?
Old 03-19-2005, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: hunter Leo

I heard this from a guy who is deeply involved with hunting NY and attends meetings that southern and northern will open at the same time BUT there will be 3 days of muzzleloader before bow opens in southern. YOU CAN NOT use inlines! ONLY ball/patch muzzleloaders. Good thing i have one rotting away in my garage that i couldnt sell so now i can sight that it in. Thats what i heard and i know its another "hear say" but thats what i heard. If im correct you can all say you heard it from me!
A friend of mine had something printed, in hand, that he said came from a DEC officer, which said that "primitive" muzzleloaders are being considered for the early muzzleloading season. I saw this document. "Primitive" was taken to mean sidelocks without scopes. The season would run from October 10th to October 12th. You could hunt only if you had a DMP permit, or a deer deprivation (damage) permit, and then, only antlerless deer. The archery season would still start on October 15th. As for rifle/shotgun season, that would start on November 19th, or whatever date the Saturday is then. It would run until December 13th. I really didn't pay attention to the other seasons--there were five changes in all, and I think I've only gone over three of them.

Bear something in mind, fellow deerslayers--these are proposed changes.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had heard the same as leo.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to add to the mayhem here. My brother just told me yesterday he recieved a letter in the mail Friday from the DEC. Basically reading they are not going ahead with their season proposal, and the 05 season dates will be announced, and posted on the websight 3/30 or 31. I'm not sure why he recieved a letter, and I haven't heard of anyone else recieving such a letter. He left it at his job where he showed fellow hunters he works with. I told him I'd like to see it first hand. He's not known to b.s. on hunting related issues. Him & I both mailed letters to the DEC on our season views, and attended a public meeting on it in Watertown. He figured one of those reasons was why he had recieved this letter, and was surprised when I hadn't. So it all beats me!!!!

Quick Reply: possible changes for NY deer seasons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.