Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY hunters....

Old 03-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default NY hunters....

What would you like to see explored about in publications on NY topics?

Just fishing for ideas.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:39 PM

Default RE: NY hunters....

Just what I was doing on another thread!!!
ORIGINAL: Phade

Just fishing for ideas.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wild Work

Just what I was doing on another thread!!!
ORIGINAL: Phade

Just fishing for ideas.
Man, you are all over tonight.....

What do you think I was doing....
Old 03-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello Phade,

Thank you for asking, there are several topics that I think NY Outdoors could touch on. With a publication that comes out every two weeks, it seems that the writer's will be able to actually explore some issues in depth to fill the pages, I for one am really looking forward to that.

A topic that might take a little looking into, is how does NY DEC verify deer take numbers? The information presented should be unbiased and offer a fair representation of what methods and statisitical analysis are used. I would be interested in that.

Also -

Several studies have been done over the last few years that really examine Buck Dispersal. I would like to see an in depth discussion on the studies, with references, and an overview of the findings. Also what studies are ongoing in NY. I think work in this area will forever change the management methods used in most areas, especially in the Northeast.

I'm sure I can think up a few more, but this would be a good start.

FH
Old 03-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Phade, I'd like to see something in there in relation to NY's minimum age limit, compared to other states. Possibly info on past bills to increase age limits, and why they weren't passed. Along with information on ideas on how to help get our Youth more involved. Things we can do as hunters to help out our future in hunting by getting the kids involved. Just something to possibly make more hunters aware of the average age of the NYS Hunter, and how important it is to get kids more involved for the future of the sport. Plus I don't think it'd be a bad idea for NY Outdoors to show its concerned about our future. I've only seen the 1st issue, so maybe it has some.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BuckAlley

Phade, I'd like to see something in there in relation to NY's minimum age limit, compared to other states. Possibly info on past bills to increase age limits, and why they weren't passed. Along with information on ideas on how to help get our Youth more involved. Things we can do as hunters to help out our future in hunting by getting the kids involved. Just something to possibly make more hunters aware of the average age of the NYS Hunter, and how important it is to get kids more involved for the future of the sport. Plus I don't think it'd be a bad idea for NY Outdoors to show its concerned about our future. I've only seen the 1st issue, so maybe it has some.
That stuff is already mixed in with the current issue!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:52 PM

Do you write for NY Outdoors?
Old 03-04-2005, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Naked Ladies????

Old 03-04-2005, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

seriously,

I have mentioned this to the editor - how about a gear review, by hunters - ie - I send in a review of a common (or uncommon) hunting or fishing related item. If they like it thay can add it to the review section.

possibly hunter "stories" - i also relayed this to the editor (he mentioned that it would have to have some spin that would related to the audience (ie tactics, laws, etc). I thought it could be more of a filler type of thing where, if they need they could fill space in certain issues. (my thought was a "how my deer season went" type of thing or a fishing misadventure)
Old 03-04-2005, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lake Fleas[:@]

Quick Reply: NY hunters....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.