Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 the truth about Casey Burns >

the truth about Casey Burns

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

the truth about Casey Burns

Old 03-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: the truth about Casey Burns

Anyone with a legal background and I'd bet most hunters without one know that Pa has a law in place that has held up many times protecting the landowner from liability from hunters on his property.

Intent has never been at issue in this thread, negligence is the issue. The guy was negligent. Maybe you should read the posts you respond to.

As for the level ground arguement, on perfectly flat leve ground, most every deer caliber would hit the dirt 300 yards behind a deer size target. way close on a fox. This shot had to be a horizon situtaion and a stand of trees simply is not a good enough backstop in this situation.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:38 AM

Websters Dictionary defines an accident as follows: 1. a happening that is not expected, foreseen, or intended. What happened here is clearly just this; an accident.
As far as anyone saying that this guy did anything wrong, well, listen up. Unless you exclusively hunt from elevated stands and from ridgetops, you are nothing but a hypocrit. Any time, and I mean ANY time you fire a gun, there is a one in a million chance that something can go wrong. Unfortunately for these two, it went very wrong. Bullets can and do ricochet, people sneeze, we all can get a cramp at any moment, a bug could fly into your eye and make you flinch....the list goes on and on. No matter how safe one thinks he is being, there is always a remote chance that something can happen and sometimes it does....it's called life. People are not always to blame, there are outside influences to take into consideration. This is nothing less than a tragedy, and to condemn this man is foolish. Maybe someday one of you bashers will find yourself in his shoes. Carma is a funny thing.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:52 AM

Mr Wetzel was not found negligent either! anybody with the slightest knowledge of the law would know of the phrase" you take your victim as found" which in this case applies to the 18 yr old unwed pregnat Casey Burns whom announced in the paper how she is filing suit on behalf of her (UNBORN at the time) child's suffering....OH please give us a break Ms. Burns, what you are doing is trying to rend an income for the remainder of your life without working at the expense this poor slob...why not ask your baby's father to cough up instead???? could it be you see bigger fish to fry???????????? in Mr. Wetzel's insurance company and then Mr. Wetzel when his ins. cap it tapped out???????????????
Excuse me a few minutes whilew I print this thread out ....I want to post it locally for landowners to see whom they shouldn't lease too or grant access.
BT you mention the writ that hold the landowner non libal...did you in your wisdom of the law know that is for trespass only without permission??? Are you aware that is for unposted land??? For once a landowner posts his property against trespass in Pa he is admitting there is a possibility that harm could befall anyone whom he grants trespass too???? Yeah I'm sure you knew that sorry I would even consider you didn't
Old 03-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

BT if the guy was being negligent he would have been charged. Your an idiot troublemaker that must not have many friends. Who in their right mind would want to spend any time around you? I bet your mom doesn't even call.
Sorry you feel that way moose but negligence isn't necessarily a criminal act.

The personal attack has been forwarded to the mods.

Personally, I hope they delete this entire thread. It's an embarrassment to all hunters everywhere.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:04 AM

moosehornhunter...watch yourself his buddy protects him , been a long standing practice here to allow him to post anything he wants, accusations, personal remarks, slander etc, then hit the delete button on anyone that doesn't hold his views. must be nice to be able to get away with some of those comments!!!! While someone else is looking the other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

moosehornhunter...watch yourself his buddy protects him , been a long standing practice here to allow him to post anything he wants, accusations, personal remarks, slander etc, then hit the delete button on anyone that doesn't hold his views. must be nice to be able to get away with some of those comments!!!! While someone else is looking the other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking for another vacation?
Old 03-07-2005, 10:23 AM

huntress....please read the whoooole thread...the reporter is, well, not right.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:24 AM

Wow, you guys scare me!

Just last weekend I finished a hunter safety course with my wife and son. We where taught the three golden rules of hunting and rule #3 was "identify your target and know what lies beyond". We where also taught that lot's of things can go wrong when hunting but once we pull the trigger WE are responsible for where the bullet goes. No matter how far or how many objects it may bounce off of whoever pulls the trigger is responsible.

PS. Wing, why does it matter wether the girl is married or unwed? I know you and Moose don't want to admit it but in this case the two of you are dead wrong!
Old 03-07-2005, 10:29 AM

DE...Im not saying I am right, what I am saying is that the guy did nothing wrong. he had an accident. Period. It could happen to any one of us at any time afield. To chastise him is foolish. I'm sure he feels awful about what happened, isn't the fact that he has to live with the fact that he shot someone enough? JEEZ
Old 03-07-2005, 10:55 AM

moosehorn he must feel guilty, I don't see where I mentioned any names, do you?????
what some don't want to admit is that it could happen to anyone of us. Regardless if we're using a shotgun,rifle,bow,crossbow,rimfire handgun. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE can be assured where their projectile will end up once it leaves the barrel or string, no one whether we hunt in Pa or Ill. and if you say "well I always am certain of my backstop" then you are ignorant of any common sense.
Accidents do happen, like it or not. Money grubbing bottom feeders try to profit from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*** would I show this last statement to a prospective landowner when i knock on his door to hunt??? YOU BET I WOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: the truth about Casey Burns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.