Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Sunday hunting in Maine >

Sunday hunting in Maine

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday hunting in Maine

Old 03-06-2005, 12:01 PM

Default RE: Sunday hunting in Maine

Some people just can't read.....THE PROPOSED SUNDAY HUNTING DID NOT INCLUDE DEER SEASON. THE PROPOSED SUNDAY HUNTING EXCLUDED DEER SEASON. Another words, even if it went through, you still can't hunt deer on Sunday. I am also opposed to allowing non residents to hunt on opening day. Why should they be able to? Give the Mainer's first crack. The bottom line here is that we here in New England as a people don't like change. I am in that group. Leave well enough alone. People that want to hunt in Maine are gonna hunt in Maine regardless if they can hunt on Sunday or not. And as far as losing them to Vermont or N.H.....so what....let em go. I mean really...Vermont doesn't even come close to maine as far as the quality of bucks go. Maine offers a unique experience that cannot be had anywhere else east of the Mississippi, so trying to compare it to anywhere is foolish. We like it just the way it is. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Spike

Some people can't read...but some people can't follow the tone of a thread either, I guess. Obviously, the proposal did not involve the deer hunt....but the THREAD took on an all-encompassing discussion of Sunday hunting in general, with a decidedly deer hunting tone. So, in keeping with the thread, I posted about the repercussions of deer hunting on Sunday. DL
Old 03-07-2005, 12:04 PM

I lived near Bangor for 6 years and now I'm in VT. I rented from a farmer that supported No-Sunday hunting. I also had landowner friends up in Caroll, linoln, and millinocket. They all hunted and supported the no-sunday hunting. Everybody thought it was good: landowners got a break in a way and hunters just found something else to do. It was no big deal.

I met Baldacci once. He's a snake.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:30 AM

It doesn't matter now, it was completly done away with yesterday. If you want to hunt Sunday go to Vermont.
Another defeat for the city hunters.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:16 AM

That is true, to a point.

The Appropriations Committee turned down the bill with all of its associated fee increases yesterday. Geroge Smith, SAM, said he was taking his ball and going home. However, the chairs of Appropriations are asking the Fish and Wildlife Committee to review and re-submit.