Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Tree stands

Old 02-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Tree stands

Have you ever been in another hunters stand? & why
Old 02-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Tree stands

Only with permission.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Same as CharlieP, only with permission.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:21 PM

The area that I hunt has many tree stands setup year round and even though I did not put up all of them I know everyone that hunts the woods that I do and we have an agreement that no one takes another persons stand site for the first week of season after that if you're not in it it is free game.

That has been worked out that way for years though - I wouldn't go onto public land or property that I did not have permission to be on and just take someones stand though.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

As the above guys have said, many times but only with permission and with the clear understanding with the owner of the stand that I would be there. I usually offer up my stands as well if I am going to sit in another persons spot.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:58 PM

Yep, all the time. Only with permission though, and they know exactly where I will be. Why? Because I hunt on land owned by others and the land is covered with stands. No need to bring my own and the guys I hunt with love to have the company when hunting. We always have 2 way radios with us so we are in contact with each other. After reading what others have to go through to hunt, I consider myself to be a very fortunate hunter!
Old 02-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

No, I would like to live a few more years.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:36 PM

Never. In my book it would be like sleeping with another mans wife. Well, maybe a little worse

Mr. .45-70
Old 02-23-2005, 04:44 AM

Look what happened in Wisconsin 11-22-04, when someone took another hunters stand.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:37 AM

Last summer I went up to our lease in Steuben Co. and checked on two different ladder stands. I loosen the upper strap so it does not over extent the strap. When I went back to re-set up the stand some low life local stole one of the stands. I couldn't believe it. The locals out there have a hard-on for us because they hunted the property for years without paying a dime for the use. Now we lease the property and they feel slighted. Loosers!

Quick Reply: Tree stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.