HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   210 5/8 Non-Typical in Massachusetts (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/90634-210-5-8-non-typical-massachusetts.html)

moosehornhunter 02-15-2005 03:22 PM

210 5/8 Non-Typical in Massachusetts

You all will not believe this one. I score for the Northeast Big Buck club, and at a show this past weekend in Worcester, just before closing, this guy shows up and yanks a monster rack out of this big duffle bag. Well needless to say we were all floored at the booth. We got right to putting the tape to it and low and behold.....a new state record is born. 210 5/8. You heard it right, and what a monster it is!!!! Now for the best part.....how he got it. I hope your sitting down cuz you are not gonna believe this one. The guy was driving home from work on a MAJOR highway in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic just 10 minutes or so outside of downtown Boston, and he happened to glance over and there it was, lying dead on the shoulder of the road. If that is not crazy enough for ya, this should be. There was so much traffic at the time, that it was completely impossible to pull over to pick it up. So the guy went home, called a buddy, and returned 2 HOURS LATER and the deer was still there!!!!!!!!!!! Literaly hundreds of thousands of people had driven by it and it was still there!!!! Just the thought of a 200+ inch non typical in Massachusetts is crazy, then when you add in the circumstances surrounding the discovery and retrieval of this new state record, and it's enough to make a guy throw his hands up and say "Unbelievable!!!!!"
I am awaiting a pic of the deer and will post it as soon as I get it. You can also keep an eye on the clubs website as I'm sure it will be on pretty soon. The addy is bigbuckclub.com Check it out!!!!!

cardeer 02-15-2005 04:06 PM

RE: 210 5/8 Non-Typical in Massachusetts

When someone brings a rack in to score . What proof do you all have the animal was actually taken in the state they are telling you ????? I am aware of guys in Pa. getting deer scored they claimed were shot in pa,but were taken in canada or out west.

moosehornhunter 02-15-2005 04:18 PM

They have to sign an affadavit and if the circumstances are questionable, someone investigates. This deer was obviously run over, as is evident by the road rash that was left on the rack. I personaly took the deer in to be scored, and will attest with near 100% certainty that the claim is legitimate.

Phade 02-15-2005 05:36 PM

I live in the same town as Bob Estes, the gentleman who started the NEBBC.

MKMGOBL 02-15-2005 06:05 PM

I personaly took the deer in to be scored,
where did you take it? You stated,

I score for the Northeast Big Buck club, and at a show this past weekend in Worcester, just before closing, this guy shows up and yanks a monster rack out of this big duffle bag. Well needless to say we were all floored at the booth. We got right to putting the tape to it and low and behold.....a new state record is born.
You know guys from all over that hear about this are going to start to let the rumers fly. On a brighter note, I sure hope you do have a new state recorded and all things are legit:D

Allseasonhunter7 02-15-2005 06:09 PM

i dont see the point in lying about that cardeer
210s big in any state.. jmo

Mr. .45-70 02-15-2005 06:26 PM

That's an awesome buck without a doubt. I hope everything turns out to be legit. It's just to bad a hunter wasn't fortunate enough to take him under fair chase.

Mr. .45-70

wvdeer4u 02-15-2005 10:01 PM

Must not be a lot of "deer crazies" in Mass. because the rack of a buck of any size doesn't stay on long in PA, WV or OH. If it is that big someone already got it or if you go to turn around someone is getting it when you come back. As long as it isn't stuck up against the concrete median its gone. Never leave home without the saw and knife.

bbahunter 02-16-2005 04:49 AM

Obviously, the NEBBC will score it as a pickup.
At least the deer will get respect and credit due to him by being entered in NEBBC.
Instead of rotting in the woods somewhere, with rodants eating the antlers.

DLuke 02-16-2005 05:16 AM

Sounds like another great buck produced by Massachusetts. Lot's and lot's of great bucks coming out of here in recent years. Low hunter pressure and private property with continue to help MA produce more and more whoppers.

Western MA Hunter 02-16-2005 09:35 AM

DLuke...
I agree. There have been more and more whoppers being taken in MA. The trend seems to be from Central MA out to the Eastern part of the state. Worcester County and beyond. I'd like to see this one.

Phil J. 02-16-2005 10:35 AM

Wow, that's huge!!! Doesn't surprise me though with all the 170" bucks shot in the last 5 years in Southeastern Mass...........shshshshs, don't tell everybody, they think we're all yuppie tree huggers out here, not DIEHARD HANG IN THE TREE FROM DAWN TILL DUSK ARROW FLINGING MANIACS......oh, sorry, just venting!!

I'd like to see photos of that rack also, awesome!!

ARROWCHUCKER 02-16-2005 04:57 PM

Hey Phil, you makin' fun of my sig?.......:D

Allseasonhunter7 02-16-2005 07:41 PM

think cuz you won the super bowltheres big bucks in mass?
ahha just kiding

Phil J. 02-17-2005 10:41 AM

haha, no that wasn't the intention, but now that you point it out it was almost word for word wasn't it!!!:)

jf5 02-17-2005 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: wvdeer4u

Must not be a lot of "deer crazies" in Mass. because the rack of a buck of any size doesn't stay on long in PA, WV or OH. If it is that big someone already got it or if you go to turn around someone is getting it when you come back. As long as it isn't stuck up against the concrete median its gone. Never leave home without the saw and knife.
It wouldn't last long here in MA either if on huntable land. We have alot of suburban deer here in MA in towns that can't be hunted. Every year monsters are clocked by cars, usually during the rut. I have seen big 10 pointers in Weston, MA along the pike a mere few miles from Bostons outer limits. They are not hunted at all and usually die via auto.

moosehornhunter 02-17-2005 01:14 PM

Phade....The NBBC was started by co-founders Jeff Brown and Bob Fontaine. MK....let the rumors fly! I saw it, I held it, I helped score it, and I spoke in depth to the guy that found it. It's legitimate. Soon enough it will be posted so all can enjoy it. It's awesome. And as far as there not being any deer nuts in Mass, well, you can keep dreaming that dream. There are plenty!!!! You just may not have a full comprehension of what rush hour traffic is like on a major highway here. But it is still unbelievable that this thing sat there for hours. I'm still drooling.

DLuke 02-17-2005 03:35 PM

Looking forward to seeing that pic...also, there are a bunch of rabid New England hunters at my link below who would love to hear about that buck....

MKMGOBL 02-17-2005 05:11 PM

I sure hope the rumers don't start! What is the state record now for MA? and do you guys have a seperate catagory for a deer taken from "unknown" harvest? Can't wait to see the pics;) and thanks for sharing this information with us.

DLuke 02-17-2005 05:39 PM

Typical record 193 3/8"

Nontypical record 208 4/8"

moosehornhunter 02-17-2005 05:47 PM

That typical record grossed in the 200"s typical. Although that 208 lobster pot buck scores well, I don't like it. The new record is MUCH nicer even though it's only a couple inches bigger.

moosehornhunter 02-17-2005 05:51 PM

MK....The state record now for Mass is 210 5/8, and what rumors are you refering to? I am confused? The guy is not claiming to have shot it, so why would there be ANY controversy surrounding it? Just enjoy it. it will be making the tour next year to all the shows, so you will all be able to se it in person. He already agreed to let the club take it.

MKMGOBL 02-17-2005 06:09 PM

I never said there were any rumers, It's just that on these forums sites, if someone claims to shoot a large deer or comes across a large rack deer! There's is alway people that start things. Just look up the post "new PA stae record"! you'll see what I mean.

I sure hope the rumers don't start!

ARROWCHUCKER 02-17-2005 06:54 PM

I consider myself a decent hunter, not much will shake me. But if I that monster record typical (pictured on previous page) walked by my stand,the brain hemorrhages would keep me from seeing straight!!!!:D:)

And Phil...I'll call off the lawyers for copyright infringement.......:D

Phil J. 02-18-2005 06:21 AM

Man, every time I see a picture of Whitey Slovinski's (sp) typical buck I just stare dumbfounded, that is a beautiful, beautiful, monster of a deer, once in a lifetime for many hunters times over. I love the picture also, nice background.

Can't wait to see photo's of the non-typical you're talking about, that's great.

DLuke 02-18-2005 02:34 PM

That buck is especially impressive due to the fact that those monster antlers are not riding on top of a particularly large buck. That really makes the antlers look all the more impressive. DL

ARROWCHUCKER 02-18-2005 05:25 PM

I think that the antlers are just so big, that it makes the deer look smaller than it actually is.

moosehornhunter 03-04-2005 04:50 PM

I just got a pic of this beast...it will be on in a bit...check back later tonight

bbahunter 03-05-2005 11:44 AM

If i remember right, Whitey's buck only field dressed 175 lbs.
Very nice buck though.

moosehornhunter 03-06-2005 04:30 PM

I'm having a problem posting the pic. If anyone wants it just leave your email addy on here and i will shoot it over to you directly.

moosehornhunter 03-08-2005 05:12 PM

HERE IT IS!!!!!

DLuke 03-08-2005 07:48 PM

Man, what a nice buck! Too bad a bumper got him and not an arrow or slug. DL

Western MA Hunter 03-10-2005 11:11 AM

That is a beast.

mfrofadventure 03-12-2005 05:29 AM

The buck is also posted on the NBBC website...same pic but bigger file: