Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 210 5/8 Non-Typical in Massachusetts >

210 5/8 Non-Typical in Massachusetts

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

210 5/8 Non-Typical in Massachusetts

Old 02-15-2005, 03:22 PM

Default 210 5/8 Non-Typical in Massachusetts

You all will not believe this one. I score for the Northeast Big Buck club, and at a show this past weekend in Worcester, just before closing, this guy shows up and yanks a monster rack out of this big duffle bag. Well needless to say we were all floored at the booth. We got right to putting the tape to it and low and behold.....a new state record is born. 210 5/8. You heard it right, and what a monster it is!!!! Now for the best part.....how he got it. I hope your sitting down cuz you are not gonna believe this one. The guy was driving home from work on a MAJOR highway in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic just 10 minutes or so outside of downtown Boston, and he happened to glance over and there it was, lying dead on the shoulder of the road. If that is not crazy enough for ya, this should be. There was so much traffic at the time, that it was completely impossible to pull over to pick it up. So the guy went home, called a buddy, and returned 2 HOURS LATER and the deer was still there!!!!!!!!!!! Literaly hundreds of thousands of people had driven by it and it was still there!!!! Just the thought of a 200+ inch non typical in Massachusetts is crazy, then when you add in the circumstances surrounding the discovery and retrieval of this new state record, and it's enough to make a guy throw his hands up and say "Unbelievable!!!!!"
I am awaiting a pic of the deer and will post it as soon as I get it. You can also keep an eye on the clubs website as I'm sure it will be on pretty soon. The addy is bigbuckclub.com Check it out!!!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 210 5/8 Non-Typical in Massachusetts

When someone brings a rack in to score . What proof do you all have the animal was actually taken in the state they are telling you ????? I am aware of guys in Pa. getting deer scored they claimed were shot in pa,but were taken in canada or out west.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:18 PM

They have to sign an affadavit and if the circumstances are questionable, someone investigates. This deer was obviously run over, as is evident by the road rash that was left on the rack. I personaly took the deer in to be scored, and will attest with near 100% certainty that the claim is legitimate.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

I live in the same town as Bob Estes, the gentleman who started the NEBBC.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

I personaly took the deer in to be scored,
where did you take it? You stated,
I score for the Northeast Big Buck club, and at a show this past weekend in Worcester, just before closing, this guy shows up and yanks a monster rack out of this big duffle bag. Well needless to say we were all floored at the booth. We got right to putting the tape to it and low and behold.....a new state record is born.
You know guys from all over that hear about this are going to start to let the rumers fly. On a brighter note, I sure hope you do have a new state recorded and all things are legit
Old 02-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont see the point in lying about that cardeer
210s big in any state.. jmo
Old 02-15-2005, 06:26 PM

That's an awesome buck without a doubt. I hope everything turns out to be legit. It's just to bad a hunter wasn't fortunate enough to take him under fair chase.

Mr. .45-70
Old 02-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Spike

Must not be a lot of "deer crazies" in Mass. because the rack of a buck of any size doesn't stay on long in PA, WV or OH. If it is that big someone already got it or if you go to turn around someone is getting it when you come back. As long as it isn't stuck up against the concrete median its gone. Never leave home without the saw and knife.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

Obviously, the NEBBC will score it as a pickup.
At least the deer will get respect and credit due to him by being entered in NEBBC.
Instead of rotting in the woods somewhere, with rodants eating the antlers.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:16 AM
Spike

Sounds like another great buck produced by Massachusetts. Lot's and lot's of great bucks coming out of here in recent years. Low hunter pressure and private property with continue to help MA produce more and more whoppers.

Quick Reply: 210 5/8 Non-Typical in Massachusetts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.