Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Why pick a certain Bow Shop >

Why pick a certain Bow Shop

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Why pick a certain Bow Shop

Old 02-13-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Why pick a certain Bow Shop

Tell us about your night and day experiences in your area or just why you choose the shop you deal with.

Isn't it amazing how the little things make a difference when going from shop to shop. Weather it is a simple hello when you walk in the door, the neatness of the display, and the little extras that a shop says and does that make you feel important. I went to set up my new Hoyt and was made to feel like the most important customer in the State. The shop had a very large amount of traffic but my salesman who is also the pro at this shop dedicated 100% of his attention to me for the hour plus I was there. From picking out my release all the way to my first setup shooting session. My guess is that at least 35 other people walked in while i was shooting and setting up. He would smile or say hello to them but 99% of his energy was focused at me. There were 2 other sales folks there handling the traffic.

I have been in some other local shops where it is great luck if they even say hello or can I help you and just stand behind the counter. Then when you have questions it is short and sweet answers as if you are putting them out. Displays of poor quality or in disaray.

I went and checked out 4 different shops in the area all about equal distance from my home. Hands down Brians Archery in Rochester or Barrington NH blew the rest away.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why pick a certain Bow Shop

Funny how "elite-ist" some pro shops are. There is a really nice one (selection-wise) close to where I live, but I haven't stepped a foot in there since purchasing my hunting license there back in September and it had nothing to do with how they treated me...although they weren't overly friendly. I just overheard an irritated worker (might have been the owner even) losing patience with a guy who obviously hadn't been into bowhunting very long. He couldn't answer whether his bow had a hard or soft cam, and mistakenly made reference to something else. He was told "that has nothing to do with what I'm asking you" none too nicely. I came home that day and swore to my wife that I'd never step in there again, and have stuck to it. Of course, it helps that I have a Bass Pro Shops store within 5 minutes of where I work. I spend a lot of "lunch" time in there!
Old 02-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

NHBuck: As you Know my area I goto Targeteers in Saddle Brook, and feel that Robert the owner is really really great when setting up the bows. He treats me very well when I go there, and it doesnt matter if I'm getting a new bow or getting arrows
Old 02-13-2005, 02:56 PM

I went to Targeteers the last time I needed something for my bow also. I purchased it at Sports Authority in Paramus. Bad mistake, they really screwed by up. So I took it to Davis Sport Shop in NY. They set me up to shoot well, but it cost me more than the bow. Targeteers was great when I replaced by peep sight. I will go back, they treated me nice.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

well in my town there is 1 archery shop besides bps and i honestly dispise the guy hes rude
but gregs archery in moravia hes probably #1 in my book hes one of the nicest guys any one that has done buisness with him comes back
and for my next bow camilius gun and bait the son and father are both really nice i cut my string called em up....come down , fixed it
i got my bow in pen yan tho but its to far of a drive (nothing against the owner)
but camilus sells hoyts thats why i go 2 him and greg has an out door range and will fix or replace things
another place i dont go to is in seneca falls because no offense but im 15 and you can aggrre or disagree but some of the ppl in there are 15-17 working on bows i just don feel comfortable sm1 that age working my bow jmo
Old 02-14-2005, 05:17 AM

BHC- next time I am down that way I plan on checking out Targeteers.
I am fortunate as I have at least 4 quality shops within a 30 minute drive. Stretch that drive to an hour and you can probably add 2 or 3 more to that list . However, there is even customer service quality issues/differences between those shops as well.