Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NJ Sunday Bow Hunting: A3736...Contact Your Reps! >

NJ Sunday Bow Hunting: A3736...Contact Your Reps!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ Sunday Bow Hunting: A3736...Contact Your Reps!

Old 02-10-2005, 10:27 AM

Default NJ Sunday Bow Hunting: A3736...Contact Your Reps!

Monday, February 14, 2005 - 2:00 PM
Meeting - Committee Room 8, State House Annex, 3rd Floor, Trenton, NJ

A3736 Deer hunting w/bow & arrow-auth. Sundays AAN 1/24/2005

You can easily contact your reps here: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/SelectMun.asp
Old 02-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NJ Sunday Bow Hunting: A3736...Contact Your Reps!

Well since no one is replying or voicing their opinion iIll take a stab. I for one enjoy going hunting on a Monday or Tuesday or even Wendsday after a little break from those week end hunters, but that's my opinion. If you truely want to go deer hunting, and it's that important, than the name of the day has nothing to do with it. Just my thoughts and I'm sticken with them. That's what sick days and vacation days are all about. Something by the way I know nothing of. If I don't work I don't make any money, But some things just take precedent.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:30 PM

My opinion is that a no Sunday hunting law is obsolete. Our license revenues should not limit us to 6 days a week. Fisherman, hikers, mountain bikers, bird watchers, etc. are not limited to six days a week! Todays financial burdens force many of us to work 6-7 days a week. Kids are in school. Sometimes it would be nice to spend a day in the woods without your kid having to miss school or take a day off from work.
If for no other reason, than to provide more oppurtunity to our youth, than Sunday hunting should be allowed.
Thank you Dragthor for providing the link to representatives. I contacted mine and let them know my feelings. How much good it does is anybody's guess.
What bothers me the most is all the fees, and permits, and licenses, and stamps and they still restrict us to six days a week. The amount of States not allowing Sunday hunting are in the minority. I don't buy the excuse it would cost the state too much to pay the CO's too work on Sunday. Are there no wildlife crimes committed on Sunday??? Just my 2 cents.

Jim B.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:30 PM

Well , I guess I will stand in front of the firing squad !

I for one am not for it . NJ lets us take to many deer as it is and adding another day will only cause the numbers to rise .
Not sure about your zone but , I know I have seen less and less deer each year . Five years ago it was nothing to see 20 deer in an afternoon in our field . This year you are lucky to see one or two .

If they do pass it I just hope they cut the number of deer you are allowed to harvest .
These are just my thoughts and I am not saying I am rite and you are wrong . It is just how I feel about it .
Old 02-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-11-2005, 12:47 PM

When does this bill get voted on???
Jim B.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: JsmesB67

When does this bill get voted on???
Jim B.
Monday 2/14 @ 2pm at the State House Third Floor Room 8. I busted my ass getting this legislation proposed, and proposed by a Democrat no less. NJBowman is right, that Anti's have started thier campaign of lies already, and we need all the support we can get. Come to the Committee meeting, even if you don't speak; your attendance will speak volumes.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:21 PM

Great job!!!! I sure hope it passes. I contacted Cardinale, Rooney and Vandervalk. They should support it... I hope!!!
Kudos to you, regardless. If I can be there I will.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:36 PM

"I for one am not for it . NJ lets us take to many deer as it is and adding another day will only cause the numbers to rise . "

Thats a separate issue from Sunday hunting.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: NJ Sunday Bow Hunting: A3736...Contact Your Reps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.