Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 SICK Deer ??????? >

SICK Deer ???????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

SICK Deer ???????

Old 01-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default SICK Deer ???????

I have been waiting since it got cold to maybe see some deer behind ny house like I use to. Normally years passed would see 20 +. Finally 1 deer came buy last night.But it is sick. It wondered around dazed. It then went to the bathroom # 2. Instead of pellets the fecal matter just poured out like a fountain all over the white snow. I dont know if it might have a internal wound or just sick with a disease. I dont think it is going to make it. I seen it walk off slowly in to the thick swamp.I would like to follow the tracks and check up on it.But I cant phyiscally do it. What do you think is wrong with It ??????
Old 01-28-2005, 11:43 AM

Default RE: SICK Deer ???????

diarrhea??
Old 01-28-2005, 11:59 AM

Where I hunt in the Jersey Pines this year,I seen alot of sign like that,.....never seen that before......It had to be more than 1 deer with the runs,cause it was everywhere........dunno?
Old 01-28-2005, 12:39 PM

I live in N.Y. myself. i've seen alot of deer cough and sneeze but never diarhea. Could be cause now their starting to eat cedar needles and other things cause of all the recent snowfall. Till the other day we havent had snow and they still were eating leftover acorns and nuts, and now they cant. maybe diet change?
Old 01-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

mexican food?
Old 01-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Your deer could of eaten too much corn, they say if they eat too much corn with no browse it can cause "Diarrhea"
Old 01-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Spike

seen it a lot here in sj...near bait piles i found....maybe diet changes due to the bait
Old 01-28-2005, 10:05 PM

Could be wounded, could be rabies....I would keep an eye out for it, maybe you could find someone to look for it for you, you could also alert DEC, they might have others in your area, there is a disease in deer they are looking at, not sure what the symtoms are.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Typical Buck

Having the runs could be from diet change but that still doesn't explain the dazed and confused look it had. It sounds like there's more then just a change of diet going on there.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:39 PM

Tit's up!!!

Quick Reply: SICK Deer ???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.