HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Massachusetts (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/88273-massachusetts.html)

Western MA Hunter 01-28-2005 07:05 AM

Massachusetts

So, How did all of my MA hunting counterparts make out this season? Any luck since the last posts last month?

adams 01-28-2005 01:30 PM

RE: Massachusetts

Well aside from Massseawolves record and law breaking year of 3 bucks in Ma I haven't heard much else.

Most everyone I know got deer in N.H. and M.E. just north of you. There weren't a ton of deer around but it seems everyone got quality opportunities and scored.

jamiebuck 01-28-2005 01:42 PM

I HAD A BAD YEAR SEEN ONE BIG BUCK OUT OF BOW RANGE,, BUT THATS WHAT HUNTINGS ALL ABOUT NOBODY SAID ITS EASY , BUT I HAVE A CHANCE TO SCORE ON THE NANTUCKET HUNT IN FEB. THEY SAY 40 TO 60 DEER PER SQ.MILE YOU CAN TAKE UP TO 5 DOE AND 1 BUCK . IWAS TALKING TOA GUY ON THE ISLAND AND HE SEEN SOME DEER STILL WITH THEIR ANTLERS, BUT ITS A HARD ISLAND TO HUNT DO TO THE THICK SCRUB OAKS , ILL KEPT YOU UPDATED ON HOW I DO WHEN I COME BACK THE10TH.

DLuke 01-28-2005 03:55 PM

Nothing doing here in MA...had a number of chances, but it was just one of those years. Got a doe in Maine in November. Guys at the website in my signature did well in MA....

nh bowman 01-28-2005 10:32 PM

had a good year, was luckey enough to have an aunt who bought a apple orchard in the ne part of the state got there ,park walked into the orchard and 3 deer were there feeding one came home with me less than 3min. into my hunt. saw deer in there ever time i hunted it.

Phil J. 01-31-2005 06:24 AM

Had a pretty good season, nice 7 pt. during bow, filled a doe tag during shotgun, and shot a 6 pt. during shotgun also, that meat should hold us out until spring.............along with the two antelope I got in MT, maybe until summer.

Western MA Hunter 01-31-2005 07:36 AM

I took a 4 pointer w/ the shotgun opening day after giving a doe a haircut. I didn't get anything w/ the bow or the muzzleloader.
I took a doe in IL w/ the bow too.

lost horn 01-31-2005 08:42 AM

Had a pretty good season, nice 7 pt. during bow, filled a doe tag during shotgun, and shot a 6 pt. during shotgun also, that meat should hold us out until spring.............along with the two antelope I got in MT, maybe until summer.
You either have a big family or you only eat the tenderloin. :eek:

Phil J. 02-01-2005 10:54 AM

Not too big a family...me, the wife, and two little ones. Once the deer go down we don't buy any cow from the store, I utilize everything I can from the deer, cut them all up myself. Grind the scraps into burger, etc., we love venison and any other meat from the land.

I also give an amount about equal to one deer away to the two landowners I hunt on and friends that request meat, so nothing goes to waste.

doughboysigep 02-01-2005 11:16 AM

How dare you MA ers post here, don't you know this is a PA/NY forum!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

How is the huntin' in MA? Don't here much about it (that can be good or bad).