Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Massachusetts

Old 01-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Massachusetts

So, How did all of my MA hunting counterparts make out this season? Any luck since the last posts last month?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Massachusetts

Well aside from Massseawolves record and law breaking year of 3 bucks in Ma I haven't heard much else.

Most everyone I know got deer in N.H. and M.E. just north of you. There weren't a ton of deer around but it seems everyone got quality opportunities and scored.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:42 PM

I HAD A BAD YEAR SEEN ONE BIG BUCK OUT OF BOW RANGE,, BUT THATS WHAT HUNTINGS ALL ABOUT NOBODY SAID ITS EASY , BUT I HAVE A CHANCE TO SCORE ON THE NANTUCKET HUNT IN FEB. THEY SAY 40 TO 60 DEER PER SQ.MILE YOU CAN TAKE UP TO 5 DOE AND 1 BUCK . IWAS TALKING TOA GUY ON THE ISLAND AND HE SEEN SOME DEER STILL WITH THEIR ANTLERS, BUT ITS A HARD ISLAND TO HUNT DO TO THE THICK SCRUB OAKS , ILL KEPT YOU UPDATED ON HOW I DO WHEN I COME BACK THE10TH.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Spike

Nothing doing here in MA...had a number of chances, but it was just one of those years. Got a doe in Maine in November. Guys at the website in my signature did well in MA....
Old 01-28-2005, 10:32 PM

had a good year, was luckey enough to have an aunt who bought a apple orchard in the ne part of the state got there ,park walked into the orchard and 3 deer were there feeding one came home with me less than 3min. into my hunt. saw deer in there ever time i hunted it.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

Had a pretty good season, nice 7 pt. during bow, filled a doe tag during shotgun, and shot a 6 pt. during shotgun also, that meat should hold us out until spring.............along with the two antelope I got in MT, maybe until summer.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I took a 4 pointer w/ the shotgun opening day after giving a doe a haircut. I didn't get anything w/ the bow or the muzzleloader.
I took a doe in IL w/ the bow too.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

Had a pretty good season, nice 7 pt. during bow, filled a doe tag during shotgun, and shot a 6 pt. during shotgun also, that meat should hold us out until spring.............along with the two antelope I got in MT, maybe until summer.
You either have a big family or you only eat the tenderloin.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Not too big a family...me, the wife, and two little ones. Once the deer go down we don't buy any cow from the store, I utilize everything I can from the deer, cut them all up myself. Grind the scraps into burger, etc., we love venison and any other meat from the land.

I also give an amount about equal to one deer away to the two landowners I hunt on and friends that request meat, so nothing goes to waste.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

How dare you MA ers post here, don't you know this is a PA/NY forum!!!!!!!!

How is the huntin' in MA? Don't here much about it (that can be good or bad).

Quick Reply: Massachusetts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.